Jarren Williams ACC Rook of the Week.

Canestomp

They found us out--shut it down.
Thats my Quarterback.

ROOKIE – Jarren Williams, Miami, R-Fr., QB, Lawrenceville, Ga.
Earning ACC Rookie honors for the second week in a row, Williams finished 17 for 24 for 250 yards and one touchdown in a 17-12 win over Central Michigan • Williams has completed at least 70 percent of his passes in each of his last three starts • Has not thrown an interception yet this season and has seven touchdown passes • Williams is the first Miami quarterback to not throw an interception over the first 100 passes of his career.

19_20_FBL_POW_Week4_Twitter.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
Before everybody goes on about participation trophies and such, give the kid his due. He hasn't been amazing, but he's been pretty good. And those of you who don't appreciate that he hasn't thrown an INT yet don't remember any of our other QBs. Miss me with "but he's only throwing short passes"...when was the last time we had a QB who could even get that done?

Yeah we look like dog sht, and yeah Williams could be better. But he's not our problem right now. I pray for a day when the rest of the team plays well enough that I need to worry about QB play again.

What's more shocking to you?

That Jarren Williams made Rookie of the Week after the Central Michigan Game?

~or~

That no other player on our team touted as "talented" has made a single ACC "PotW" graphic over our first four games of the season?

EDjhPvWXsAMK5D0.jpg

19_20_FBL_POW_Week2_Twitter.png

19_20_FBL_POW_Week3Twitter.jpg

19_20_FBL_POW_Week4_Twitter.png

Advertisement
Who's played well enough to earn it?
Exactly my point. We're talented--or at least everyone keeps saying we are every year. Year after year how many times, how many threads out there say "We're so talented, there is no reason head coach <insert coaches name> can't produce wins on the field"? We should have 3+ representatives up there each week. Where is JT4? Shaq? Brev. Brev--best TE in the country and no love. Is that shocking to you?

Exactly my point. We're talented--or at least everyone keeps saying we are every year. Year after year how many times, how many threads out there say "We're so talented, there is no reason head coach <insert coaches name> can't produce wins on the field"? We should have 3+ representatives up there each week. Where is JT4? Shaq? Brev. Brev--best TE in the country and no love. Is that shocking to you?
Ah, I see. To that I'd just point out that not having top individual performers each week is not the same as not being more talented than your opponent. We are more talented over-all than every team in the ACC except fsu and Clemson. This award thingy is about performance not talent. If it were straight talent, Clamson would have all the spots every week.

Advertisement
Ah, I see. To that I'd just point out that not having top individual performers each week is not the same as not being more talented than your opponent. We are more talented over-all than every team in the ACC except fsu and Clemson. This award thingy is about performance not talent. If it were straight talent, Clamson would have all the spots every week.
I see your point. I'd counter-argue that talent should--in theory--translate into top performance. In four weeks our rookie QB has been the only one getting looks from the ACC. The Rookie! I'm a little discourage in that I am starting to disbelieve the often repeated notion that we're talented year in and year out. I might start pushing back on that assertion if I see it mentioned.

An ACC accolade is not really all that important in the grand scheme of things tbh. It will be week 6 before anyone Cane else gets a chance to make this poster again. That shouldn't happen.

Advertisement
I see your point. I'd counter-argue that talent should--in theory--translate into top performance. In four weeks our rookie QB has been the only one getting looks from the ACC. The Rookie! I'm a little discourage in that I am starting to disbelieve the often repeated notion that we're talented year in and year out. I might start pushing back on that assertion if I see it mentioned.

An ACC accolade is not really all that important in the grand scheme of things tbh. It will be week 6 before anyone Cane else gets a chance to make this poster again. That shouldn't happen.
Miami has sucked at football for years and years and years and we still have a ton of guys in the NFL. Why? Because we don't develop and utilize our talent well, but NFL teams know they can do the job.

We've got talent.

We aren't putting it to use.

Lil Cuz Charles balled out! It’s a weird felling cuz I wish him success but never root against the Canes!

Advertisement
Back