Jarez and Bama change the game on commitments? No games!

Advertisement
Who you think committed to us to hold a spot for 2018?

I think there is a difference between committing somewhere and then changing your mind and committing somewhere as a placeholder.

For instance, the guy in the current class that seems most likely to flip is Jobe, at least that is the narrative. But I don't think we are a placeholder.

Now, I look at Wilder last year and that seemed like a placeholder. He ended up signing, but when he committed it was because his #1 choice had revoked their offer and he didn't want to end up actually having to sign at Utah or some ****.

Fine with me. I think Wilder is going to be a terror on the field.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Richt changed the game for us, not this Parks kid.

We saw what happened with Billy Gibson. Richt doesn't play around with these commits - don't flake/take visits or we consider your spot still available (exceptions for blue chip athletes).

thought this was interesting and i think it has something to do with us maybe getting a slew of early commitments (excerpts from rivals)

Jarez Parks, like lots of football recruits, loved the idea of a National Signing Day announcement.

Until he didn’t.

Parks, a Rivals250 prospect, spent his recruitment fighting to keep things under wraps. He did few interviews and, if he did one, he said less than Charlie Chaplin. Parks was building toward a moment. There was a commitment video shot in Paris and a National Signing Day press conference at his school. He’d planned to commit to Alabama but, somewhere along the way, the scholarship he’d held for months vanished.

What followed were public tears and confusion. In the end, Parks was permitted to sign a delayed scholarship agreement with the Tide, but will spend the upcoming season without a scholarship before joining the team in 2018.

“Those offers don’t last forever,” Williams said. “Your recruiting profile might say you have 50 offers, but it’s funny how that list cuts down and changes. That stuff can disappear real soon if you wait until you’re a senior. The only schools that want you are the ones that keep in contact. They can stop at any time.”

Four-star running back Shaun Shivers committed to Auburn roughly 13 months before his National Signing Day. Did he like the fit? Sure. Does he think he’ll end up signing with the Tigers? Of course.

Still, Shivers won’t pretend the move wasn’t at least a little bit of a defensive measure.

“You have to lock up a spot,” Shivers said. “Look man, what if something happens to you? Why would you play with that? We know it’s all business with these colleges. We know these coaches are always changing everything. Some of us know. My head is always on a swivel when it comes to coaches.”

Placeholder commitments exist and will continue to do so. Every once in a while a player will commit to a school without any intention of actually signing with it. It’s a reality of recruiting. And, as the process evolves, it’s starting to look like an all too necessary one.

They going to learn real soon that there are some teams out there that is going to topple Alabama no need for tears son you should have signed elsewhere.

Advertisement
******* Jarez Parks his parents, his handlers, his coaches who let him play "games".

Indecisivness is a female trait. Make a decision, like a man, and follow through with it. It's sad how much attention these young men crave, another female trait.

Last edited:
What followed were public tears and confusion. In the end, Parks was permitted to sign a delayed scholarship agreement with the Tide, but will spend the upcoming season without a scholarship before joining the team in 2018.

I hate to talk about the kid this way but he is a stone cold fool and an idiot for accepting a delayed scholarship when plenty of top tier schools were willing to give him a full ride even at the last minute. why delay what is guaranteed elsewhere just to be saban's bytch?

No way this kid lasts 4-5 years in Bama

Advertisement
Yeah but Parks was faithful and Satan played him. I still cannot believe he accepted a gray shirt.

parks never publicly committed to bama and kept flirting with fsu and auburn instead of locking up his spot. saban can get just about anyone he wants and picked up better players than parks on signing day. kid is an idiot.

Can't wait for baga to get two 5 star De commits this cycle and push parks out completely.

Pretty much any other school in the country would have faxed him a LOI on signing day if he asked for it when it became clear he wasn't in the 2017 class.

I'm just waiting for next year when it comes time for him to be in scholarship and Saban says sorry big fella, but we're all full.

i have a different perspective, i appreciate bama's approach, if you say you wanna be in, then commit, if you don't that's fine too, but someone may take your spot, it's simple if you ask me

Advertisement
Bama did what they wanted. Dude played himself. Not sure the game changed much for anyone.

I hate to talk about the kid this way but he is a stone cold fool and an idiot for accepting a delayed scholarship when plenty of top tier schools were willing to give him a full ride even at the last minute. why delay what is guaranteed elsewhere just to be saban's bytch?

this

and he is even dumber if bama was his dream school

**** him

**** bama

they deserve each other

Last edited:
Parks will forever wear the goo mask courtesy of Sabag. He looks like he was bobbing for apples in a tub full of Elmer's Glue. What a prideless cuck.

Advertisement
Indecicisivness is a female trait. Make a decision, like a man, and follow through with it. It's sad how much attention these young men crave, another female trait.

Well said. These dudes need real male role models

Yeah but Parks was faithful and Satan played him. I still cannot believe he accepted a gray shirt.

I wouldn't take that **** from bama or anyone else. If my son were ever in a position to play for Miami and was treated this way I'd throw away 30 years of being a fan in a heartbeat. You don't treat people like that. It's one thing if the kid is playing games, but it seems like he was solid the whole time.

I wouldn't take that **** from bama or anyone else. If my son were ever in a position to play for Miami and was treated this way I'd throw away 30 years of being a fan in a heartbeat. You don't treat people like that. It's one thing if the kid is playing games, but it seems like he was solid the whole time.
You're not solid until you shut down your recruitment. Parks was chating up coaches at other schools and even going on visits until the end. Parks and Satan deserve each other.

Parks was one of the worst things i ever seen..a 4-5 star guy that greyshirted.

WTF.the thing is...they might not even offer you the schollie in the spring. You werent even oversigned...you wasnt wanted....hes going to be wayyy down the chart there. I guess he just likesa the top feeling of saying im committed to BAMA.

Advertisement
Back