Jared Pinkney 2015 WR from GA was offered by Miami

Paranos

All-ACC
Jared Pinkney 2015 WR from Norcross GA was offerd by Miami and has exploded onto the recruiting scene with 20+ offers coming in the last 2 months. He will take an official visit to Miami and no doubt get inside scoup from his former teammate 2014 TE Chris Herndon who signed with UM. The 6'4" 220lb Pinkney looks like a very solid all around productive possession type WR, he is an excellent downfield blocker which will help spring Long runs from the UM running game.

As a senior Pinkney had 32 receptions for 480 yards averaging 15 yards per catch and scoring three touchdowns. Pinkney's longest touchdown for the year was 86 yards.

Pinkney could be the back up plan for Peete if the rumors of grades issues prove to be true or if Emonee Spence does decommit then UM could replace him with Pinkney. A WR class of Chatman, Gossier, Peete, and Pinkney would change the complection of UM's offense overnight to more of a possession type offense considering they are all 6'4" or taller and over 210lbs an have good speed. Then add a speed guy like Dexter Williams supplemented by either Cooper, calloway , or Julius an that is a nice haul for 2015.

2015 WR Jared Pinkney Sr Highlight
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/782505/highlights/159574375

Go Canes

Last edited:
Advertisement
nothing really stood out to me.

Well 20 schools seem to think differently about the 6'4" 220lbs possession reciever who catchs the ball well in traffic and High points the ball when catching.

Notice his body control when extending to make the catch, which is impressive for his size. He also has good foot speed considering he runs away from defenders and Norcross plays some of the best competition in Georgia. Also keep in mind this is a move the chains type WR not a deep threat guy.

Look back at the FSU game when we had 4th an long, if UM had a big possession WR to pair with the TE threat we could have run a square out with a WR like PInkney for an automatic 10-12 yds catch an run out of bounds every time .

This article may help you understand the benefits of big WR an how Pinkney fits that role very well.
http://www.shakinthesouthland.com/2010/3/17/1376471/the-wr-position-route-running

Go Canes

Last edited:
6'4 220? That's my type of receiver! I love his unshelfishness he is more theme happy to block and see his teammates shine. I would take him over gosier and spence. Route running is bad but he can work on that. He's a natural catcher. I think he is a good one. Not fast but he brings a big presence.

Advertisement
For his size he runs incredibly fluid and really looks faster than he was clocked at. He could be recruited to play Tight End which he easily has the size for just runs a lot easier than most TEs I have ever seen.

Jared Pinkney WR 15 Norcross GA
HT: 6-5.0
WT: 224
40: 5.06
20: 4.51
KPB: 28.0
VJ 31.0
SPARQ: 65.82

Last edited:
Advertisement
Kid is strong. That is one thing I see right away. He can block down the field and when he gets the ball, he is tough to bring down. More H-Back than WR.

Having a few tall thicker possession WR's could have helped Kaaya move the ball on some hot reads for quick 8yd routes.

Go Canes

He's a TE all the way. With Washington on board, and Dobard, Herndon, Njoku and O'Donnell on roster coming back. I'll pass.

Herndon was a better prospect out of that school than Pinkney. We got our TE already. This kid would have to bulk up and learn the TE position. I'll pass, were already doing that with one.

Advertisement
With Spence decommitting there is definitely room for Pinkney now. An after seeing Teams win last week with outside bg bodied possession receivers UM could definitely stock up on few.

Go Canes

Advertisement
Back