Jaquan Johnson working at LB

It's probably got as much to do with nickel work than anything. He's not making a full time switch to LBs y'all.

This and kind of in a rover role, too, perhaps. Shoddy reporting from Porter. Should have been more specific to prevent the dimwits out there from thinking he's moving to LB.

He mentioned it in a subsequent tweet. I go a bit easier on them when they're live tweeting things as they see them. Ya'll don't have to turn everything into live rounds.

Advertisement
It's probably got as much to do with nickel work than anything. He's not making a full time switch to LBs y'all.
Agree... JJ is just playing Nickle..which is a good idea...then work your SAMs at WILL to create more depth...work DO at will and MIKE again creating more LB depth...JJ and Carter can play Nick cause FSU and Notre Dame are going Spread against us anyways

Sent from my SM-N930P using Tapatalk

Goodness Golden has been gone for almost 12 months.

There would be NO issue at LB if Young and Grace hadn't gotten booted. That's not Golden's fault.

Also Owens knee not being ready isn't his fault either. Heck Nick Chubb tore his ACL AFTER Owens, and is already back running for 227 yards.

Jamie G.'s injury also not Golden's fault.

Grace
Young
Owens
Goidinier

LB wouldn't have been such an issue. Most teams are going to struggle with LB depth is you take 4 of their top 7 out from their spring roster.

Now Golden and Williams inability to land DB's is a real issue.

i blame golden for everything in life *** it..........just do it u will feel better.

Advertisement
Everyone needs to stop clamoring for Jamal Carter. He doesn't have the natural instincts to play linebacker in this context. He is a supreme athlete who has finally learned how to play safety. I would much rather have a natural football player like Jaquan fill a role like this. Jaquan wont have the luxury of a whole camp to learn an extra set of responsibilities. He'll learn whatever he has to learn very quickly--he's hardwired for it. We don't want to mess around with Carter, he's already found a role he's comfortable in. Jaquan can play virtually anywhere on the field and be successful.

This and kind of in a rover role, too, perhaps. Shoddy reporting from Porter. Should have been more specific to prevent the dimwits out there from thinking he's moving to LB.

He mentioned it in a subsequent tweet. I go a bit easier on them when they're live tweeting things as they see them. Ya'll don't have to turn everything into live rounds.

We're not a patient bunch. Errors will not be tolerated.

I agree in circumstances where it is a live tweet play by play, but these idiots are professionals and have also been repeatedly known to shoot the early tweet to beat the next man to the pressing news and then back track later.

I agree in circumstances where it is a live tweet play by play, but these idiots are professionals and have also been repeatedly known to shoot the early tweet to beat the next man to the pressing news and then back track later.

That's fair, I just think a blank tweet stating information as they are watching it isn't as egregious as saying someone is cleared who isn't, speculating on a police report, etc. But there have been real issues, regardless.

Advertisement
What is a plethora?

Rok, watch the movie, "The Three Amigos."

Plethora will be fully explained. Clearly, you've not seen it or you'd know.

Watch it, experience some culture in your life. It's a serious work that examines poor oppressed people, those who oppress them, and the difference it can make when a few actually stand up for the poor.

Very moving. The Three Amigos. Today.

FSU got smart last night and started running nickel and a lot of dime defenses last night... I think that's the best thing for us.. no need for JJ to be sitting on the bench

Advertisement
He's the only defender who can fill in some of what Grace left, so no one on this board should or likely is surprised. Although this has more to do with packages than working him in as an actual LB.

I hope this pushes them more towards a straight up 4-2-5 defense. It's better suited for today's game. You need a safety/linebacker hybrid that can cover receivers and still play near the line of scrimmage. That's the role that Grace was built for before he decided to get free rental cars. I think Jaquan will handle it though. He's much better in coverage than the average linebacker and he's not afraid of contact. I'd worry about him getting bullied against a power running team that uses more tight end+ fullback sets but you can revert back to the base 4-3 in those rare scenarios.

Smart move, cause after the FAU game, you're going to need some quickness in the box. FSU flexed Cook quite a bit last night, and him against a LB is a nightmare. Match up him or keep him as a spy! The Lb's will be good, eventually, but that's too much to ask to match up against a good RB, and starting in Oct, we're going to see some good ones!

Advertisement
What is a plethora?

Rok, watch the movie, "The Three Amigos."

Plethora will be fully explained. Clearly, you've not seen it or you'd know.

Watch it, experience some culture in your life. It's a serious work that examines poor oppressed people, those who oppress them, and the difference it can make when a few actually stand up for the poor.

Very moving. The Three Amigos. Today.

Or he could watch 12 Angry men and see how a plethora of people worked together to deliver a verdict.

richt confirmed during interview today (Miami hurricanes went live on facebook, don't have link on phone) that Jaquan is nickel back and they are working out against spread teams coming up.

not sure it has much to do with Jamie going down at all

Advertisement
Back