Jaquan Johnson - Program Changer

eleganttomcat

Junior
Before Quan committed I was hoping we would land him more than any other recruit in this class. Just wanted to throw this video back out here too. The kid has all you could ask for in a prospect, he's an absolute monster when it comes to football and seems to be a leader and an even better person off the field. Infusing kids like this into our program changes the culture and we need kids like this and some others we've got to become leaders within the locker room and push to make everyone better.

That's all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7aabFWzq-A#t=140

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAeI4I1E-uc

Advertisement
The pussification of Miami football will continue as long as Golden is the CEO.

Golden already has these incoming recruits mind****ed. Jaquan's assimilation and indoctrination is just beginning.

Whatever. I thought this kid was supposed to be a leader in the class, I thought he was going to bring a bunch of South Florida commits with him?

Guess that didn't happen.

And what happened to him at the All Star game? Rivals bumped him down to a low 3 star.

Jury's out for me with this kid. I know he was a legend in Dade county, but to me and anyone else in the rest of the country he has a lot to prove.

I knocked him earlier, I hope he makes me eat crow and develops into a solid pro prospect.

Advertisement
Whatever. I thought this kid was supposed to be a leader in the class, I thought he was going to bring a bunch of South Florida commits with him?

Guess that didn't happen.

And what happened to him at the All Star game? Rivals bumped him down to a low 3 star.

Jury's out for me with this kid. I know he was a legend in Dade county, but to me and anyone else in the rest of the country he has a lot to prove.

All incoming players have something to prove. OP was just pointing out that a kid like this can be special.

Last edited by a moderator:
Love Jaquan, but I hear this same **** every year about how the new guys are better than the old guys and how they're going to change the culture. Until Folden goes none of that will happen.

Love Jaquan, but I hear this same **** every year about how the new guys are better than the old guys and how they're going to change the culture. Until Folden goes none of that will happen.

+1

We haven't had a program changer in over a decade...

Advertisement
Quan was never a vocal guy with other recruits that just how he is, hes a good prospect and all has a amazing football IQ, he lacks height and speed, hes in that honey badger mold for me

+1

We haven't had a program changer in over a decade...

This. Duke wasn't able to be a program changer. Think about that…….

Yep

Slurpers continually think that a 6-5 330 lb 5* DT will change the program, but in reality a 4'-8" 200lb female hobbit could have done so...thanks Donna.

Advertisement
Please allow me to describe Quan in a short "checks and balances" rubric in conjunction with a brief summary of my personal assessment for those folks whom did not have the luxury to see him play live these last 4 years of HS ball.

-Instincts- Check
_Ballhawk- Check
-Quickness-Check
-Lateral movement- Check
-Smooth hips- Check
-Strengh- Check
-Speed- Average
-Height- Average
-Heart- Double check
-Leadership- Double check

Ladies, its no fluke that Killian's defense has been one of the top defenses in Dade county these past two years (Regardless of their competition- they play at 8A-nuff said).

Last year, the K went 1-4 at the beginning of the season with him on the sidelines (back problems), once he came back, he inflicted a positive demeanor to an inflated team that was struggling to find answers. They were losing close games etc. Many experts were surprised they finished the season as district champions (over South Dade-reigning class 8 champions).

This year was no different, the K dominated opposing offenses and were allowing a mind boggling - 5.8 ppg on the Defensive side of the ball for the most part of the season.. If i was tell you that we recruited a safety that was 6'2-205 lbs (4 star recruit) lean, has range, can run a 4.4 and had NFL pedigree in his bloodline, would you take him over QUan? Most of the experts would right? guess what though? Kacy Rodgers is not a football player!

Quan 's presence alone is what separates him from other players. As Geo or other stated before, Quan didnt trip, fall and was appointed to the "All Dade" team for 4 years in a row by luck. I dont want to sound like im pegging Quan to be an All-American (1st round NFL prospect) by the time his collegiate career ends, but QUAN is a special football player and im rooting for his success at the U. Kid deserves it meng!!

Last edited:

Guys expecting kids to change the culture just don't get it. The coach sets the tone. I love hearing how Ed Reed and the 2001 boys did it on their own without coaches. Butch set the tone and those guys carried it over.

People place to many expectations on these guys and when we don't win they **** on them for not being able to overcome Folden and his merry crew. You already have a guy in the thread ****ting on JJ because he was supposed to bring in all these south florida guys with him.

Please allow me to describe Quan in a short "checks and balances" rubric in conjunction with a brief summary of my personal assessment for those folks that did not have the luxury to see him play live these last 4 years of HS ball.

-Instincts- Check
_Ballhawk- Check
-Quickness-Check
-Lateral movement- Check
-Smooth hips- Check
-Strengh- Check
-Speed- Average
-Height- Average
-Heart- Double check
-Leadership- Double check

Ladies, its not fluke that Killian's defense has been one of the top defenses in Dade county these past two years (Regardless of their competition- they play at 8A-nuff said).

Last year, the K went 1-4 at the beginning of the season with him on the sidelines (back problems), once he came back, he inflected a positive demeanor to an inflated team that was struggling to find answers. They were losing close games etc. Many experts were surprised they finished the season as district champions (over South Dade-reigning class 8 champions).

This year was no different, the K dominated opposing offenses and were allowing a mind boggling - 5.8 ppg on the Defensive side of the ball for the most part of the season.. If i was tell you that we recruited a safety that was 6'2-205 lbs (4 star recruit) lean, has range, can run a 4.4 and had NFL pedigree in his bloodline, would you take him over QUan? Most of the experts would right? guess what though? Kacy Rodgers is not a football player!

Quan 's presence alone is what separates him from other players. As Geo or other stated before, Quan didnt trip, fall and was appointed to the "All Dade" team for 4 years in a row by luck. I dont want to sound like im pecking Quan to be an All-American (1st round NFL prospect) by the time his collegiate career ends, but QUAN is a special football player and im rooting for his success at the U. Kid deserves it meng!!

Amen. I'm not comparing anyone to ole #20, but he wasn't a physical specimen when he showed up on campus. Had some pudge and not what anyone would consider a burner. He was all football player from day 1 though. JJ has a great foundation and if he works like #20 did when he got here JJ will have a great Canes and pro career. Go Canes!

Advertisement
He's slow can't be successful at football if you're slow and you play a skill position.

Obviously there are some exceptions to this but the rule is must have speed. He doesn't and he's undersized he'll get exposed like Tracy Howard And spend a great deal of his collegiate career on the bench. Because he's slow end thread.

Yall better calm your candy a$$es down with my boy QUAN.. This cat is the truth..Even the sorry a$$- "Scouts" recruiting services is praising this cat... That Army All-American game evaluation for his play was non-sense. Kill that noise!
Listen, if you can ball, you will get recognized whether or not, FOLDEN and comp try to ruin kid's careers with their intense dodgeball practices.

Check out the link below...
http://caneswatch.blog.palmbeachpost.com/2015/02/06/analyst-hurricanes-safety-recruit-jaquan-johnson-does-it-all-video/

Advertisement
Back