Jaquan Johnson #4- Appreciation Thread

I was wrong about him. I said he hasn’t lived up to the hype. He has been a monster and he was a super monster last night. Hats off to him.

there was a play in the fsu game where Derwin James was a qb spy...he basically was wandering in the middle of the field , not guarding anyone...Matthew thomas got a nice rush and flush the qb. They(espn announcers) circled Derwin James as the reason they got pressure because syracuse was accounting for Deriwn James. I literally fell out of my chair..Kid gets credit even when he does absolutely nothing. Hes like a ghost on the field.

Advertisement
I actually saw a porster say earlier in the year that he's an awful tackler. Every week kid puts on a clinic of open-field tackling and he's one of the smallest guys on the field.

Miami safety Jaquan Johnson delivered a message to his teammates this week: "Let's go dominate these people. Let's go take their will."

Advertisement
I was definitely down on him and extremely disappointed early in the season but he has been bulletproof back there these last few games. Love it.

I was wrong about him. I said he hasn’t lived up to the hype. He has been a monster and he was a super monster last night. Hats off to him.

there was a play in the fsu game where Derwin James was a qb spy...he basically was wandering in the middle of the field , not guarding anyone...Matthew thomas got a nice rush and flush the qb. They(espn announcers) circled Derwin James as the reason they got pressure because syracuse was accounting for Deriwn James. I literally fell out of my chair..Kid gets credit even when he does absolutely nothing. Hes like a ghost on the field.

"Kid gets credit even when he does absolutely nothing"

If he didn't get credit for doing absolutely nothin....he wouldn't get credit at all.
He doesn't do anything.

Jaquan was a key factor in that Va Tech game (nasty INT and knocked the ball out with his helmet on another play). He's playing a key leadership role on D. Hope the D balls out again vs ND.

Advertisement
I was one of the ones disappointed in him last year. he was high 4* ( I think at one point even a 5*) and I expected early impact, took until Junior year when he really started dominating but man is he killing it out there ,dude will be in the NFL no doubt

Think he should stay another year tho

I just came here to LMAO at the morons who were questioning this kid just a few weeks ago. Watching the game on DVR right now and had to stop and come on here to say that after the forced fumble. Kid is the glue that holds this team together.

giphy.gif

I was one of the ones disappointed in him last year. he was high 4* ( I think at one point even a 5*) and I expected early impact, took until Junior year when he really started dominating but man is he killing it out there ,dude will be in the NFL no doubt

Think he should stay another year tho

Dude has never done anything at Miami except do what he’s told and go out there and quietly hold down his role and make plays. He’s been the epitome of everything we want in a Cane from day 1, minute 1. Stop pushing a false narrative. If you ever questioned this kid, guestion yourself, and go learn more about football.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Jaquan has been balling all year.. this is the epitome of the south Florida dawg.. he's undersized, he may not test well.. but he makes every big play.. forcing fumbles.. making picks...making big tackles in open space.. the kid really is the captain of this team.. a lot of dudes on this board knew he was a must have that recruiting cycle and they were spot on... need to get these kids every year.. these are the kids that bring the ships back

big time win.. lets go get another one saturday

But is he good enough to play all 11 positions? :babyface:

I just came here to LMAO at the morons who were questioning this kid just a few weeks ago. Watching the game on DVR right now and had to stop and come on here to say that after the forced fumble. Kid is the glue that holds this team together.

View attachment 53444

A lot of our games have a much different outcome if he's not being a ******* janitor back there cleaning everything up. He is the one guy who has absolutely been key to our success on defense, and that is saying a lot considering our abundance of talent along the front 7.

Advertisement
Back