Jaquan Johnson 2nd Team All-American

Advertisement
Undersized for his position, but he plays with such a tenacity that it makes up for it. Kid is a beast.

Looking forward to seeing his progress next season.

Congrats #4 ! It just amaze me how people continue to make comments about his size. Just look at the film of Johnson and so call bama 1st team all American, and then compare their output. Both made plays behind the line, at the line, and in the secondary. Bama player receive more favorable comments because of his size and team. The bottom line, can you make plays: tackle, catch, and defend? Johnson was a first team All American....period. In other words, size has its advantage, but don't say a player is better because of his size.

Berios played lights out the entire season, and I guess he was too small for the big DBs to cover. I rather have 11 football players with heart and average size. Look at our OL (big), could not block the line at Wal Mart to pick up 1-2 yards when needed. Cager and Langdom are big, but cannot play at a level of Berios.

By the way, I would have used both of our true freshmen safeties as the OLBs, and then put Pinkney in the Middle. Shaq and Zach missed so many tackles, and neither could cover in space. Unless, Shaq and Zack improves, Carter and Smith have the ability to be OLBs, playing between 205-210 pounds each, and will do a better job at those positions.

Advertisement
Congrats #4 ! It just amaze me how people continue to make comments about his size. Just look at the film of Johnson and so call bama 1st team all American, and then compare their output. Both made plays behind the line, at the line, and in the secondary. Bama player receive more favorable comments because of his size and team. The bottom line, can you make plays: tackle, catch, and defend? Johnson was a first team All American....period. In other words, size has its advantage, but don't say a player is better because of his size.

Berios played lights out the entire season, and I guess he was too small for the big DBs to cover. I rather have 11 football players with heart and average size. Look at our OL (big), could not block the line at Wal Mart to pick up 1-2 yards when needed. Cager and Langdom are big, but cannot play at a level of Berios.

By the way, I would have used both of our true freshmen safeties as the OLBs, and then put Pinkney in the Middle. Shaq and Zach missed so many tackles, and neither could cover in space. Unless, Shaq and Zack improves, Carter and Smith have the ability to be OLBs, playing between 205-210 pounds each, and will do a better job at those positions.

Advertisement
Back