Jan 22nd Elite weekend

Wilnerson Telemaque
Wilnerson Telemaque is a 6'5, 247 lb. Defensive Tackle and ATH for the Miami Northwestern Bulls, located in Miami, FL.

I know that asking if recruit "x" is related to former player "y" because they have the same last name is a meme for Miami fan message boards, but Telemaque is a pretty unique last name. So........is he related to Vaughn?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Guysm; I’m a little worried to have all these blue chips coming to visit…I mean, what msg are we sending to 3* kids? And if 3* guys start attending, are we watering down the term “elite?” I want this to be all inclusive (per the dumb *** poster found on pg 3)
To be inclusive we should host a "Non Elite Prospect Day" for 2 and 3 star recruits. It's only fair.

Advertisement
I know that asking if recruit "x" is related to former player "y" because they have the same last name is a meme for Miami fan message boards, but Telemaque is a pretty unique last name. So........is he related to Vaughn?
Nah, don't think so fam. Vaughn, an L.A. dude with a French surname, I'm certain comes from a family that's originally from somewhere in Louisiana. Ask my brother @Rellyrell, tons of black folks from SoCal can say the same. This kid, being from Miami with a French surname, is certainly of Haitian descent. Plus, Wilnerson as his first name is a dead giveaway that jit is a Zoe...

Last edited:
Advertisement
Nah, don't think so fam. Vaughn, an L.A. dude with a French surname, I'm certain comes from a family that's originally from somewhere in Louisiana. Ask my brother @Rellyrell, tons of black folks from SoCal can say the same. This kid, being from Miami with a French surname, is certainly of Haitian descent. Plus, Wilnerson as his first name is a dead giveaway that jit is a Zoe...
It's a Haitian last name
Thanks. Makes sense, great migration saw lots of AA go from Louisiana to California. So it's just a Creole/Haitian divide thing. Looks like Vaughn made his way back to Long Beach after he was done here btw. Hope he's doing good. I always liked him.

Advertisement
Looking back richts first paradise was loaded as ****. Littered with first rounders. This elite prospect day is lining up to be as good if not better. Time will tell but this list is incredible on their own dimes

Looking on 247, that was the year guys like Jeudy, Samuels, Grimes, CJ Henderson, Daniel Wright, Cowan came out. I think a lot of those guys plus a big chunk of the 2018 kids (Surtain, Campbell, Tyreke Johnson, James Cook, Samuel etc also showed up. And that's not counting all the kids that committed to Miami.

If we can get just 3-4 more top talented kids a year, it will make all the difference, Can't keep losing the top 4 out of 5 kids out of South Florida, or 7 out of 10. Pick up another 2 more of those kids, plus 2 more OOS elite players, and it's game over.

Before Mario came in we had no top 100 recruit committed. He now has 3. Its matters. People like to trash recruiting sites but they are not using random people to evaluate. We need to have our share of top. rated players. And we will going forward. This Elite weekend is much different than what we had before. We actually are being seriously thought of by these kids. Some gonna commit am sure

Before Mario came in we had no top 100 recruit committed. He now has 3. Its matters. People like to trash recruiting sites but they are not using random people to evaluate. We need to have our share of top. rated players. And we will going forward. This Elite weekend is much different than what we had before. We actually are being seriously thought of by these kids. Some gonna commit am sure

You are right that the rankings matter to some degree. I would contest that the recruiting sites aren't using random people. A lot of those guys are like you and me and Manny Diaz. We think we know a lot about recruiting and evaluating talent, but we didn't grow up doing it, didn't spend a decade as a professional refining our appraisal skills, proving we have good instincts while also turning an art into a science as much as possible. We're power fans, not true evaluators.

Anyone with a pulse can see a kid like Kayvon Thibodeaux is a must recruit. Or Stewart and Kelly from the local guys. It's assessing and projecting that next level down, and also getting into the kids' heads and family/social situation, where the real expertise comes into play. Manny never figured it out, he'd miss on the no-brainers and whiff hard on the evals.

Advertisement
Paradise Camp once Manny took the reigns was just that, camp. Kids would just come hang out and see how nice Coral Gables was. This looks to be elite prospects looking to compete which is what we need to really evaluate. Not kids playing Xbox and being fed buffet style foods.

Paradise Camp once Manny took the reigns was just that, camp. Kids would just come hang out and see how nice Coral Gables was. This looks to be elite prospects looking to compete which is what we need to really evaluate. Not kids playing Xbox and being fed buffet style foods.
I’m fairly confident this isn’t a camp at all

Yeah I got the impression this isn’t a camp. Just a chance to hang out and get to know the staff. And hopefully the full staff.

Advertisement
Back