Jan 22nd Elite weekend

#1 RB Richard Young seems he may be attending. Posted this on Instagram and tagged Malik Bryant, Innis

0441F6DE-B978-4067-BB7F-E51F4E427FB8.png

Advertisement
For those complaining about possibly alienating lower level prospects, consider this. As someone who works on branding and marketing, how you position yourself will affect how people view you. Position yourself as “anyone can come” and people will view you as, “They will take anybody and everybody. They have no high standards.” Position yourself as elite, it creates an elite mindset. “We ain’t messing around. Only the best of the best. Ballers playing with other ballers.” It attracts more elite kids and actually makes us more desirable for the plan B kids as well because if you finally offer, they feel you view them as elite and want to ball with other elite kids. That’s what Bama does. Marketing psychology is a crazy thing.

For those complaining about possibly alienating lower level prospects, consider this. As someone who works on branding and marketing, how you position yourself will affect how people view you. Position yourself as “anyone can come” and people will view you as, “They will take anybody and everybody. They have no high standards.” Position yourself as elite, it creates an elite mindset. “We ain’t messing around. Only the best of the best. Ballers playing with other ballers.” It attracts more elite kids and actually makes us more desirable for the plan B kids as well because if you finally offer, they feel you view them as elite and want to ball with other elite kids. That’s what Bama does. Marketing psychology is a crazy thing.
Wait.....those people were being serious?

Advertisement
Cristobal is not aiming for lower level prospects. Also doesn't mean he is gonna ignore and stop recruiting lower rated prospects. Its not like he is a newbie to recruiting or being a HC. Some of our fans are eternal pessimists

Appears this is the new norm under Mario. Looking forward to him bringing back the shine to paradise, or whatever he chooses to call it.

I'm sure they will invite 2022 kids as well since we need to close out strong with '22 recruits.
2022 kids will be on their OVs. They will be on campus at the same time, and certainly could overlap if there's a cookout or something like that, but this event specifically will be tailored to the younger kids.

Advertisement
Yeah, I think there was a lot of undetected sarcasm there.

We still have Paradise Camp in the summer to throw open the gates of UM to all the plebeians in Rome. I have no problems with Elitism a week before Signing Day.
I would agree there is a place for both camps. One for elite prospects and one that's more all-inclusive of high school teams with guys trying to get noticed.

Advertisement
2022 kids will be on their OVs. They will be on campus at the same time, and certainly could overlap if there's a cookout or something like that, but this event specifically will be tailored to the younger kids.
Is this something the elite schools do (have an event for Juniors a couple weeks before signing day)? Did Mario do this in Oregon? My memory could be fuzzy, but in the past, Junior day was after signing day. In any case, we need to expect a lot of things to be done differently going forward.

Mario is doing exactly what A&M did this summer. They had a recruiting event over the summer and got like 30 blue chips on campus around each other, fast forward 6 months and they have the top class in the country.

Advertisement
Is this something the elite schools do (have an event for Juniors a couple weeks before signing day)? Did Mario do this in Oregon? My memory could be fuzzy, but in the past, Junior day was after signing day. In any case, we need to expect a lot of things to be done differently going forward.
I don't recall it being done at any other school at this point in the calendar, though I certainly don't follow other schools as closely as Miami, but it can't be the worst strategy. Mario is a respected recruiter, but he has to wash away the stink of recent Miami history and only has a limited time to do it before the elite 2023 kids start zeroing in on their top schools. To me, this particular weekend isn't about locking in commitments, it's about making sure we have a seat at the table for these various recruitments going forward.

Plus, how can a January trip to Miami for some of the northern state kids hurt?

We are now up to four five-star prospects scheduled to attend Miami's Elite Prospect Day on Jan 22. after Lehigh (Fla.) five-star running back Richard Young informed InsideTheU that he plans to be in attendance. He joins Tacoma (Wash) Lincoln five-star defensive lineman Jayden Wayne, Plantation American Heritage five-star wide receiver Brandon Inniss, and Orlando Jones five-star edge Malik Bryant as elite prospects expected to attend.

Young yet to walk around Coral Gables since in-person recruiting opened up this past June, but the nation's top running back has made stops at Georgia, Ohio State, Clemson, Florida, Florida State, and Alabama. Florida A&M and Penn State are also expected to get the 5-foot-11, 200-pounder on campus once things open back up on Jan. 14.

This fall, Young totaled 1755 yards and 19 scores, leading his team to the second round of the Sunshine State's 7A playoffs. As a freshman, Young went 11.09 in the 100-meter.

Advertisement
Back