Jan 22nd Elite weekend

Advertisement
What is being narrow minded is when you dismiss the fact that there are events in life in which there can be only two possible outcomes. You're saying there are none. Well, there are literally an INFINITE number or events. You have open heart surgery: You either die or you live. You bang your babysitter. She either gets pregnant or doesn't. You drop you phone on the sidewalk. It either cracks or it doesn't. You really need to open your eyes before posting such closed-minded statements.

Nope. No coach has ever done this. Not Manny, not Golden, not Shannon, Coker, Richt, Butch. None. Does Mario know evaluations and X's and O's better than me? Yes. Does he understand human psychology better than me? No. And I love Mario. Was my #1 choice for the job. But he's not perfect. And he's gonna make some mistakes along the way. And this may be one of them.

Go tend to the fries before they burn, would hate to see your manager yell at you.

Grudges don't automatically expire after 11 months. Some last a lifetime.

Not true. This is a totally made up claim. Could you imagine a parent publicly complaining because their kid wasn't treated better than another recruit? Would be extremely low-class to do so and would cause all sorts of friction among families and staff.

Yes, if you have an offer you'll be there. So you'll have 200 kids at an "elite" camp which will make it "elite" in name only. Exactly what I stated before.
You're a tad salty. Manny, dat you???

Advertisement
Advertisement
Mario on the trail:

"I wish...you had...more time."

ezgif-5-5f6cb18740.gif

Last edited:
Advertisement

Tacoma (Wash.) Lincoln defensive lineman Jayden Wayne and Plantation American Heritage wide receiver Brandon Inniss aren't the only five-stars expected in Coral Gables for Miami's Elite Prospect Day on Jan. 22, which Mario Cristobal announced for the first time on Monday night.

Orlando Jones five-star edge Malik Bryant tells InsideTheU that he plans on making his way down to the 305 for the event. The 6-foot-2, 235-pounder spent the last two years at IMG Academy, where he started as a sophomore before being named a MaxPreps Sophomore All-American. For his senior season, Bryant announced on social media that he would be going back to Jones where he totaled 79 tackles and 14 sacks as a freshman before making the move to the national powerhouse program.

The junior spent a weekend in September in South Florida on an unofficial visit with Miami. Georgia, Florida State, Florida, Texas A&M, UCF, and Ohio State were a few other schools to host the nation's No. 2 edge rusher.

It's been less than 24 hours and three five-stars are already expected in Coral Gables for the event. There is a chance more show up.

Miami Gulliver Prep five-star wide receiver Jalen Brown plays his high school football less than two miles south of Miami's campus and could show face. Miami Central Top247 defensive lineman Rueben Bain is another blue-chip talent who told InsideTheU that he would likely make the short drive to campus.

247Sports southeast analyst Andrew Ivins believes that Bryant could develop into an NFL Draft pick.

"Promising frame with some bulk already showing in the arms. Should only get bigger over the next few years. A twitchy edge rusher that creates plenty of issues for opposing quarterbacks. Uses quick first step to freeze offensive tackles. Well-timed spin move frequently leads to sacks. Fluid in his movement patterns and able to move laterally in space. Spent time the spring following freshman season playing linebacker on the camp circuit. Transferred into IMG Academy as a sophomore and instantly became one of the team’s top players totaling a pair of sacks against a talented Duncanville squad. Will need to keep progressing, but early body of work suggests that he’s one of the top pass rushers in the class of 2023. Could eventually push for five-star status.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back