Jan 22nd Elite weekend

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
We'll see how Mario handles it. I expect most of the guys attending will be 4/5-stars already. He may bring in unrated/low-rated guys who he's done a preliminary eval on an believes will turn into 4/5-stars by their senior year. But I doubt he's going to invite a bunch of 2-star or 3-star projects with non-committable offers to Elite Prospect Day.

wolf of wall street leo GIF

My take (long)

Anyone who has worked in a highly effective organization before can see why Mario is truly among the very best at recruiting. Mario is not just fast talking kids like some slick salesman into getting them to commit on impulse after a hard sell. He's building an outreach program that targets the right kids at the right time to fully buy into his vision, He has what's called an "operating framework" that he is imprinting onto the entire program.

Everyone on his staff has to buy into recruiting as a business process formed around a desired outcome -- actually a series of processes all interconnected, with multiple workflows for each step in each process. Every activity within each workflow involves people (the responsible, accountable, consulted and informed individuals for each task), detailed processes, technology and content. There is governance and inspection across the entire system and at every single step within every workflow in the system.

By far the most important element in recruiting is the people. But it's its own operating model like all organizational models. And Mario is building the foundation to make it the best of the best.

This particular event, EPD, makes sense when it's targeted at the next class who are Juniors and those last remaining prospects from the current class who have yet to sign. It should be exclusive -- hence the elite name -- because that subset of targets is appropriately a smaller target audience than all the kids the staff recruits at any given time. There will be time later to go back and scrub through the developmental or late bloomer prospects.

Advertisement
Tell me why I laugh at this **** every time like I haven’t seen it 300 times?? 😂

And the weirdest thing of all is that I cannot even imagine the realistic word that would be used in place of "cheesiest" that would sound like something a football player would actually say in a moment of excitement...

Advertisement
On Tuesday afternoon, Plantation American Heritage five-star wide receiver Brandon Inniss said that he would likely be in attendance for that event as long as his schedule allows him to be. Cristobal personally invited him.

“Yea Cristobal was the one that told me about the Elite Prospect day Yesterday,” Inniss told InsideTheU in a message.

The nation’s No. 9 overall player and No. 1 wide receiver, according to the industry-generated 247sports Composite, backed off of his Oklahoma pledge earlier this month once Lincoln Riley made the move to USC.

Cristobal has been in his ear about staying closer to home and Inniss is listening.

“I feel good about them. I like what they are telling me so far. I can’t wait to see how they run their offense,” Inniss said.

What that looks like is to be determined, but Cristobal is making it known that he expects South Florida’s top receiver to be excited about it.

“All I heard was that I’m going to like it,” Inniss said.

Arkansas offensive coordinator continues to be a name linked to the opening.
daffy duck masturbation GIF

Advertisement
Back