Jamil Burroughs (former Alabama DT) enrolled and practicing with team. Update: not eligible for 2023 per cribby

6c4fa54d9778b3fd1b892a6c854eafc8.gif

Advertisement
Any chance the waiver process has already happened? Or do you have to be enrolled first before you can submit a waiver?

I'd save the questions and just wait two days to see if he plays. If he doesn't, I'm positive some brave reporter will ask MC after the game about him.

Advertisement
He will toughen up the locker room. Room him with Cohen and lock his *** up during the week. Hopefully he is in shape and knows the playbook enough for the week 2 showdown

IF he is eligible we cannot understate how massive of a pickup this is…6’3 315 is great size and IF he is Eligible he immediately becomes one of our top 4 DTs…

Gotta imagine this has been in the hush hush for a while and he has been getting info on the Defensive playbook, getting his conditioning in etc etc depending on how long he has truly been with the team I would hope he is ready to go ASAP.

Top 6 DT rotation of:

Leonard Taylor
Branson Deen
Jamil Burroughs
JHH
Ahmad Moten
Joshua Horton
Great DL size, AND D1 P5 experience at a football factory. Ain’t many jits walking around with dem numbers. Great pickup. Helps us out IMMEDIATELY, if he’s eligible.

Edit: According to our board insiders, he’s not eligible for this year. But he’s **** sure gonna feel a need going forward! Still a nice addition.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Looks like it. We need interior depth bad and this kid was at LEAST interior depth at Bama.
He was going to start this season for them. They had two guys leave for NFL ahead of him and he was moving around their front between DE/DT (they run a jumbo front that tries to occupy a gap and a half). He's a good player.

Flipped from Georgia to Alabama because "they will make him a better person."

He played a lot of snaps and played in 11 games at arguably the most loaded team in the country. It’s a huge add especially for August. I’d take him over all the guys we’ve missed on at dt in the portal.
Cribby I too think he's better than most of the guys we went after,Malone,Mba,Rose and Cam Jackson.The one guy I would have taken over him is Justin Rogers but if we get Burroughs for 2 years then he may be a better take as it also helps for next season.

Advertisement
Kid probably not in football shape but great pickup depth wise. Put him in goal line situations to plug up the middle until he gets his wind up to play more snaps

Advertisement
Back