James Williams will be a cane

Advertisement
Butch did not take over a team with scholarship issues. There were issues post 95. But he took over a full team post 94.
Yeah. The legend of Booch has been propagated to the point of ridiculousness. You'd think he took over a half team of 8th graders. Terry Donahue made him look like he made Manure look last year.

And it was a rollercoaster ride full of garbage for 5 years with all kinds of major flops. The list is a mile long of flops and games where our team flat quit on him. No way in **** if social media was the way it is today back then that he survives being FSU and Vag Tech and ECU's bytch for 5 years.

There's never been a HC here that intentionally tried to tear down the program. They were incompetent or over their heads or their systems didn't fit, but none of them set out to tear the program down.
Did you ever see me say THE HEAD COACH is intentionally trying to sabotage this program? I did say he's a PART of the problem through no fault of his own... Unless hed also be trying to sabotage his career he'd be a **** fool to be trying to sabotage anything. Manny is far from a fool. He's actually pretty **** smart. What is crazy though is To see the way people on here Talk about booch as you call him even though the man did so much for us as Players & y'all as fans... My two cents.

Last edited:
There's never been a HC here that intentionally tried to tear down the program. They were incompetent or over their heads or their systems didn't fit, but none of them set out to tear the program down.
I think he said from the BOT level down. I could only see it as being of such negligence at different levels that maybe someone could stretch it to some kind of inferred intent law school argument like they knew or should have known so intent is implied/inferred???

Advertisement
That wasn't what I was talking about but I see that is basically what I said. Sorry this covid medication makes me drowsy as ****. I was comparing first year & moving forward. We didn't have scholarship numbers lacking first year we had alot of health issues though. 96 scholarship players were more limited and when injured we REALLY saw the effect on the field when everyone had to either play through **** or walk ons got on regularly and by 97 we were flat out practicing iron man football Half the season. Especially at db & lb. The difference from the start was coaching & process driven. People who had a history of producing and kids who respected that. But first and foremost we were taught proper technique and told you guys are gonna decide who's gonna play and who doesn't. If you produce you'll be on this field. If you don't then peace. We ran people off on a regular. But it was never cause someone got favoritism until they showed they deserved it. Like JJ & Butch always said.
That is fair and I appreciate your contributions to the program in what was a messy time.

My point, in general, is you can’t judge a HC after 1 year. Manny failed. But so did a bunch of other guys. I would say Manny is swinging better than anybody else I’ve seen. Let’s give him a shot.

I think he said from the BOT level down. I could only see it as being of such negligence at different levels that maybe someone could stretch it to some kind of inferred intent law school argument like they knew or should have known so intent is implied/inferred???
I don't know, brother. I'm not a big interpreter. I tend to give the plain meaning to words. I just answered the other guy's question.

Yeah. The legend of Booch has been propagated to the point of ridiculousness. You'd think he took over a half team of 8th graders. Terry Donahue made him look like he made Manure look last year.

And it was a rollercoaster ride full of garbage for 5 years with all kinds of major flops. The list is a mile long of flops and games where our team flat quit on him. No way in **** if social media was the way it is today back then that he survives being FSU and Vag Tech and ECU's bytch for 5 years.
And that’s my point. Can we just give Manny year 2? He’s swinging more than any coach we’ve had. Maybe it works?

Advertisement
I'm all in. I can't promise him the full year, but he's got the chance to turn it around.
Yes. Not like he took over a team with Ray Lewis, Kenard Lang, Kenny Holmes, Duane Starks, Yatil Green, Jammi German, Chris Jones, Danyell Ferguson, James Burgess, Tremain Mack, Magic Benton and on and on. We had some ballers on those teams.

Advertisement
Did you ever see me say THE HEAD COACH is intentionally trying to sabotage this program? I did say he's a PART of the problem through no fault of his own... Unless hed also be trying to sabotage his career he'd be a **** fool to be trying to sabotage anything. Manny is far from a fool. He's actually pretty **** smart. What is crazy though is To see the way people on here Talk about booch as you call him even though the man did so much for us as Players & y'all as fans... My two cents.
I understand what you are saying. The “Bootch” name only came from years worth of failure. Now, there were reasons for the failure. No doubt. But, Butch also had some ownership there.

From my perspective, why does Manny not get the same shot? Butch wouldn’t have made it to 2000 in this environment. Fact.

Advertisement
We're a marquee program no matter what anyone says. If and when we get rolling it'll be giant national news. And everyone will want to board the bus. We just need to take some baby steps in the right direction. Win 10 this year. Battle the fck out of Clemson in the ACC title game. Win a big bowl game. Then do the same thing next year but maybe beat Clemson. Repeat again.

We need to start owning the Coastal first, and that's completely doable. Do that, and it will translate into major heat in recruiting. We'll still lose some local guys like we always have. Booch didn't make his bones signing a bunch of 5 stars. He got beat regularly by UF and FSU and others for the big fish. He even got beat by LaTech for a kid (Randle?). He made his bones evaluating.

D almost had me thinking I was the crazy one. I wished him good health in my 1st post, I still do but it seems he caught the "Winnie the Pooh" strain of COVID that turned him into Eeyore. "Everything sucks, the U has no fanbase outside of S Fl, kids dont care about the history of the program, we should be on Telemundo..."

No one cares? As another poster said- the national media went bananas over Miami in 2017. You had SEC trolls like Finebaum rocking the turnover chain. Every sports show was talking about the U. I dont remember them going nuts about Baylor or Minnesota when they were undefeated going into week 12 last year.

I gotta say, it's sad that a former player would be throwing so much shade at the program. I was really disappointed to read that D and Vilma get together and laugh at how Miami is barely a regional brand now and he says that it's an indictment of the fanbase.

Over the last 5 years, Miami has averaged 34th overall in attendance- that's better than Oregon, Ok State, Baylor, TCU. In 2017, Miami was 22nd overall- and has BY FAR the smallest student body of any school in the top 25. Relative to the record and the size of the school, Miami actually has a far more supportive fan base than it probably deserves, especially given the overall record of the past few years.

The vaseline smeared lens covering up the blemishes of Butch's horrendous start is interesting. Bootch went 5-6 in 1997 in YEAR 3. Worst record since 1979. Loses 47-0 to FSU. Fans were saying that any success was because of Erickson's players. Davis inherited a team that had JUST PLAYED in the national championship game and only managed to win 8 games with an extremely soft schedule. Oh- the sanctions? Not buying that excuse in 1995. That 1st season gave the impression that Davis had zero idea of how to be a head coach. Terrible decision making. A horrendous offense. Putrid special teams.

The next season he loses to East Carolina 31-6 at home. Loses to FSU and VT at home. Oh and Mr. Tough Guy Butch Davis got treated like a ***** by Ryan Clement on the sidelines in that VT game for the Big East title. I suppose that former players didn't hear the CBS commentators mocking Davis for letting his QB berate him into calling off a FG. Turns out Clement was right and Miami gets the ball to the 1 yard line with 3 sec left. Then Davis sends the FG team out. Then after a VT timeout he changes his mind and sends the offense back out. Then the O is in disarray, gets a delay of game so he sends the FG unit back out, which then misses a chip shot FG going into the half. Fans had seen enough and were flying banners in year 3. Anyone reasonable person looking at the program would have been 100% on board with firing Davis after the 5 win season, especially given the questionable coaching and schemes up to that point.

What a luxury to have for people to ignore 3 years of a coach that inherited a team that played in the national championship game and mustered only a 5 win season only 3 years later. I'm glad they didn't though, as its dumb to judge a coach's tenure before he has had a 4 years. Meanwhile, people are saying "Manure" should get fired after inheriting a 7 win team and no QB, then only winning 6 his 1st year. I'm not being a sunshine pumper- I'm simply giving Diaz the same benefit of the doubt I gave Davis. One standard- 4 years before I can say a coach has what it takes or doesn't. It seems that being rational and fair isnt possible for a good percentage of the board.

Last edited:
The way last year played out, Manny should have gotten the middle finger.

A year later he stating "these staphs from board down INTENTIONALLY sabotage the program we still always do our part." Why shouldn't he bring them up. These people are still here doing what they do. Do you think they've had an epiphany and are operating in the best interest of the program? If so, then how did those Alonzo Highsmith discussions turn out? Do you think they wanted someone in place mucking up the works? They got the program right where they want, good enough to get a participation trophy and check from the ACC, not good enough to outshine them.

I agree he deserved the middle finger. His team played historically bad football.

But if you’re pointing at not hiring Zo as some type of sabotage attempt, especially after they hired Ed Reed, you’re reaching big time.

D almost had me thinking I was the crazy one. I wished him good health in my 1st post, I still do but it seems he caught the "Winnie the Pooh" strain of COVID that turned him into Eeyore. "Everything sucks, the U has no fanbase outside of S Fl, kids dont care about the history of the program, we should be on Telemundo..."

No one cares? As another poster said- the national media went bananas over Miami in 2017. You had SEC trolls like Finebaum rocking the turnover chain. Every sports show was talking about the U. I dont remember them going nuts about Baylor or Minnesota when they were undefeated going into week 12 last year.

I gotta say, it's sad that a former player would be throwing so much shade at the program. I was really disappointed to read that D and Vilma get together and laugh at how Miami is barely a regional brand now and he says that it's an indictment of the fanbase.

Over the last 5 years, Miami has averaged 34th overall in attendance- that's better than Oregon, Ok State, Baylor, TCU. In 2017, Miami was 22nd overall- and has BY FAR the smallest student body of any school in the top 25. Relative to the record and the size of the school, Miami actually has a far more supportive fan base than it probably deserves, especially given the overall record of the past few years.

The vaseline smeared lens covering up the blemishes of Butch's horrendous start is interesting. Bootch went 5-6 in 1997 in YEAR 3. Worst record since 1979. Loses 47-0 to FSU. Fans were saying that any success was because of Erickson's players. Davis inherited a team that had JUST PLAYED in the national championship game and only managed to win 8 games with an extremely soft schedule. Oh- the sanctions? Not buying that excuse in 1995. That 1st season gave the impression that Davis had zero idea of how to be a head coach. Terrible decision making. A horrendous offense. Putrid special teams.

The next season he loses to East Carolina 31-6 at home. Loses to FSU and VT at home. Oh and Mr. Tough Guy Butch Davis got treated like a ***** by Ryan Clement on the sidelines in that VT game for the Big East title. I suppose that former players didn't hear the CBS commentators mocking Davis for letting his QB berate him into calling off a FG. Turns out Clement was right and Miami gets the ball to the 1 yard line with 3 sec left. Then Davis sends the FG team out. Then after a VT timeout he changes his mind and sends the offense back out. Then the O is in disarray, gets a delay of game so he sends the FG unit back out, which then misses a chip shot FG going into the half. Fans had seen enough and were flying banners in year 3. Anyone reasonable person looking at the program would have been 100% on board with firing Davis after the 5 win season, especially given the questionable coaching and schemes up to that point.

What a luxury to have for people to ignore 3 years of a coach that inherited a team that played in the national championship game and mustered only a 5 win season only 3 years later. I'm glad they didn't though, as its dumb to judge a coach's tenure before he has had a 4 years. Meanwhile, people are saying "Manure" should get fired after inheriting a 7 win team and no QB, then only winning 6 his 1st year. I'm not being a sunshine pumper- I'm simply giving Diaz the same benefit of the doubt I gave Davis. One standard- 4 years before I can say a coach has what it takes or doesn't. It seems that being rational and fair isnt possible for a good percentage of the board.
So if Manny wins 6 or 7 regular season games this year, assuming an 11 or 12 game schedule, you’d give him 2 more years?

I agree he deserved the middle finger. His team played historically bad football.

But if you’re pointing at not hiring Zo as some type of sabotage attempt, especially after they hired Ed Reed, you’re reaching big time.
Really! As far as I can tell, Ed Reed has not been granted the type of input into operations and independence from administrative meddling that Zo was seeking. I've seen the public statement announcing his hire. Unless you're working in the Hecht, no one can say for sure what responsibilities have been delegated to him and the management structure he working within. From the outside, I only see him as providing an assist on recruiting.

And it's telling you use the word sabotage to describe this. I actually think it's small-minded, insecure people protecting their turf. It's been reported on this site that Manny objected to the management control Zo was asking. Hiring Zo under those conditions would indeed be considered a threat to him and James. And as you know, small-minded, insecure types have been known to resort to sabotage if things go to far.

Advertisement
Back