James Williams' message to recruits

Advertisement
I think Jaden Davis helps williams a lot.
Davis is such a good tackler that he can rotate back, which gives Guidry the freedom to move Williams around.
We can essentially play with 3 safeties in that Davis almost plays more like a safety than CB. Davis’ coverage skills are lacking so playing him at slot corner and near the line of scrimmage is ideal.
Years past we would be *****ing about Davis playing outside or not playing. These coaches are putting the players in positions that maximize their strengths. Love it!

Most of this board, back on his bandwagon again after writing him off.

1694369224126.png

Advertisement
I was never off this kids bandwagon. Sure he frustrated the **** out of me at times but you want a guy like him out there as much as you can. His size, athleticism and intensity can’t be taught. The fundamental can be and he’s still a WIP in that regard but improving.

His development is a thing of beauty. I’ve said since Day 1 that if we get a coaching staff worth a **** that can unlock this kids’ potential, we will have something special.

He’s coming into his own and it’s a beautiful thing to see.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I think Jaden Davis helps williams a lot.
Davis is such a good tackler that he can rotate back, which gives Guidry the freedom to move Williams around.
We can essentially play with 3 safeties in that Davis almost plays more like a safety than CB. Davis’ coverage skills are lacking so playing him at slot corner and near the line of scrimmage is ideal.
Davis was out there smacking ****

Advertisement
Agree, but there have been some tackles where I’m scratching my head.
His tackling issues are mostly to do with pad level. Because he is tall, it’s more work for him to get low for leverage. His best tackles are when his shoulders and hips are low. As he gets better with pad level, his tackling improves. Frustrating as **** at times but I think he’s getting better with it.

Advertisement
Back