James Williams Decommits

I’m an ME major and couldn’t imagine being a part of a D1 sport. But you do you man
My understanding from talking to some people as far as engineering goes is the Mechanical is the most competitive right now because there aren’t a ton of jobs out there for ME’s.

Advertisement
Tough to blame them. But 100k upfront is shortsighted if you consider the fact a majority don't make the NFL and would have to fall back on a degree. I'm sure they blow through the bag in no time anyway and go right back to where they started, only now having wasted years on a worthless degree.
Does is matter where the worthless degree comes from? Not sure it does, and if that’s the case, taking the money upfront makes sense. I’m sure all these schools also have a network of boosters to give former players jobs after graduation. So they’re getting promised money on both ends.

My understanding from talking to some people as far as engineering goes is the Mechanical is the most competitive right now because there aren’t a ton of jobs out there for ME’s.

Engineers as a whole are at a premium in the US market. Engineers are more hire-able than non-engineers in my opinion. In fact I often hire engineers for non-engineering, almost never the other way around.

As far as ME jobs, the market is tougher than for programmers, but you would be surprised.

Electrical is in demand. Anything computer as well. Programming is big time these days

Does is matter where the worthless degree comes from? Not sure it does, and if that’s the case, taking the money upfront makes sense. I’m sure all these schools also have a network of boosters to give former players jobs after graduation. So they’re getting promised money on both ends.

I meant getting a worthless degree from BAMA as opposed to say Vanderbilt. A legitimate Vanderbilt degree (strictly speaking SEC schools) > 50k and graduating BAMA to flip burgers. I don't think most are getting anywhere near the Tyrique type pay days.

I suppose if they've been guaranteed a nice paying job afterwards no matter what that could change things. I don't think that happens for all these kids though, probably a select few.

Advertisement
And he will still take the money and go to UbaGA and all those “cane fans” around him will applaud his decision to take the bag instead of repping the city and his supposed “dream school”.

So many bag apologists down here saying “go get yours young man”.

You think the locals in Louisiana or Alabama are saying that when a local star chooses to do that ****?

**** no!
I meant getting a worthless degree from BAMA as opposed to say Vanderbilt. A legitimate Vanderbilt degree (strictly speaking SEC schools) > 50k and graduating BAMA to flip burgers. I don't think most are getting anywhere near the Tyrique type pay days.

I suppose if they've been guaranteed a nice paying job afterwards no matter what that could change things. I don't think that happens for all these kids though, probably a select few.
I think they have networks, like here, where they do a job placement thing.

Most boosters don’t give a fūck after you’re done playing, especially those boosters. But let’s just keep building up the myth of these SEC bag schools

Lip service. Look up all the wonderful jobs that ex Alabama football players are getting who are no longer playing in the league or never made it. I’ll wait. I guess, sure if you want a menial job in the state of Alabama, they might find something for you. Don’t be ridiculous.

Advertisement
He tells everyone he wants to leave Florida.

Saban really promotes their "after" program with recruits. The whole alumni network, etc. It's the same thing as our U Connect network that CMR started. I can't remember which recruit mentioned it - I think it was the kid from Georgia that came last spring and committed and then over the weekend talked to Bama and committed to them. He made a point of saying how important that was to him

Some of you guys apparently have never been to college. Every university has a job placement department. Alabama does nothing different than that, the same thing that is done at every university. They’re just wrapping it in and athletic bow. It’s no better than what Miami does, and actually Miami is the better deal, better academic reputation, an MBA program designed specifically for ex-athletes, situated in the market with many more jobs available, etc.

It’s hard to believe our own fans fall for the SEC bag school hype.

Sure go to Alabama, you might get a $15 an hour job in the service sector, or mowing lawns, in the state of Alabama.

Congratulations on your Alabama degree. It’s going to look real good up on the wall at the back of Gomer Pyle‘s garage and oil change.

Saban really promotes their "after" program with recruits. The whole alumni network, etc. It's the same thing as our U Connect network that CMR started. I can't remember which recruit mentioned it - I think it was the kid from Georgia that came last spring and committed and then over the weekend talked to Bama and committed to them. He made a point of saying how important that was to him
That’s sounds nice, but again that job is going to be located in Alabama and doesn’t mean that it is a high paying 6 figure job!

Advertisement
Lip service. Look up all the wonderful jobs that ex Alabama football players are getting who are no longer playing in the league or never made it. I’ll wait. I guess, sure if you want a menial job in the state of Alabama, they might find something for you. Don’t be ridiculous.
I meant that It’s just a bullshlt sales ploy

Advertisement
These kids are so honeydicked by Alabama it’s ridiculous. They make it sound like all of their players are getting some sort of Alabama players union pension or 6 figure jobs wether they make the league or not.
It’s like going to a strip club and believing the girl really likes you.

I think the last name was Harris.

Advertisement
Back