James Williams Decommits

exactly. It's absolutely laughable when a kid says I chose Bama, Auburn, LSU, etc. because of education or life after football or whatever else they make up. Fvck off, no you didn't, you chose it because they funded your new outfit, new Mustang, and your mothers new job.

If life after football and family atmosphere around a university is important to you, there honestly might not be a better option in all of CFB then Miami. Miami still has dudes from the 80s coming back, supporting, helping, etc.

I obviously would love to have the Battles, Riques, Bogles of the world, but once this type of **** happens, I honestly just want them to fvck off.
You had me at hello!

Advertisement
Fair enough, always trust what you got to say. I have little doubts about Stubb’s coaching ability. The recruiting is where my worry lies. But if puts our guys in the league and in the top 3 rounds, he’ll sell himself I’m hoping.

I agree with you on recruiting ability being my concerns with this staff, but I’m more concerned on the defensive side of the ball. We basically have 5 average at best or unproven recruiters for 2 positions. IMO if you are going to have 2 or more coaches per position, one of them has to be a savage recruiter, not just average.

Manny, Baker and Patke are all essentially LB coaches, plus you have Banda and Rumph coaching DB’s. I think Baker may end up being the best recruiter of the 3 but he’s still unproven at this level. Rumph is a significantly better coach than Banda is a recruiter. I don’t know if Stroud is a long term solution at DL or he was just a stopgap because Simpson left. Adding to my concern is that Baker, Banda, Patke and Stroud are all Manny’s guys. I think Banda and Patke need to have some really big wins on the trail in the near future or we need to make better use of their positions.

I agree with you on recruiting ability being my concerns with this staff, but I’m more concerned on the defensive side of the ball. We basically have 5 average at best or unproven recruiters for 2 positions. IMO if you are going to have 2 or more coaches per position, one of them has to be a savage recruiter, not just average.

Manny, Baker and Patke are all essentially LB coaches, plus you have Banda and Rumph coaching DB’s. I think Baker may end up being the best recruiter of the 3 but he’s still unproven at this level. Rumph is a significantly better coach than Banda is a recruiter. I don’t know if Stroud is a long term solution at DL or he was just a stopgap because Simpson left. Adding to my concern is that Baker, Banda, Patke and Stroud are all Manny’s guys. I think Banda and Patke need to have some really big wins on the trail in the near future or we need to make better use of their positions.
I could not agree more. Coaches who develop and recruit studs don’t grow on trees, so it’s time to find some coaches who win some battles on the defensive side. 100% with you.

And having Stroud I’m hoping is temporary. This is the position coach that should have a stud recruiter, because it seems like our d-linemen will always eat no matter who the coach is.

I could not agree more. Coaches who develop and recruit studs don’t grow on trees, so it’s time to find some coaches who win some battles on the defensive side. 100% with you.

And having Stroud I’m hoping is temporary. This is the position coach that should have a stud recruiter, because it seems like our d-linemen will always eat no matter who the coach is.
I just posted this on another thread. Is Kevin Patrick a good recruiter? Former great Cane DL and coaches at NC State. If so, bring him in next year.

Advertisement
exactly. It's absolutely laughable when a kid says I chose Bama, Auburn, LSU, etc. because of education or life after football or whatever else they make up. Fvck off, no you didn't, you chose it because they funded your new outfit, new Mustang, and your mothers new job.

If life after football and family atmosphere around a university is important to you, there honestly might not be a better option in all of CFB then Miami. Miami still has dudes from the 80s coming back, supporting, helping, etc.

I obviously would love to have the Battles, Riques, Bogles of the world, but once this type of **** happens, I honestly just want them to fvck off.

One thing I stress to these kids is that if you go to school out of state & don’t make it pro..don’t expect the alumni in this state to help you with jobs, networking, etc...I tell them they’re going to have to go back & live in that state where they went to school bc that’s where all their connections will be.

Some get it, some don’t.

One thing I stress to these kids is that if you go to school out of state & don’t make it pro..don’t expect the alumni in this state to help you with jobs, networking, etc...I tell them they’re going to have to go back & live in that state where they went to school bc that’s where all their connections will be.

Some get it, some don’t.
Even if the make it to the NFL that vast majority of players will not make enough money that they won’t have to work in the future. It’s awesome that you are at least trying to educate these kids!

Dugan can kick rocks part of the reason we almost lost Thomas. He had our receivers playing o line and was persistent on playing cager. I'm glad he is gone
Manny could not retain Dugans under any circumstances. Dude lost complete control over his wide receiver room not holding them accountable and playing favorites. Beyond Jon Richt he probably deserved to be fired the most!!!!

Manny could not retain Dugans under any circumstances. Dude lost complete control over his wide receiver room not holding them accountable and playing favorites. Beyond Jon Richt he probably deserved to be fired the most!!!!
Exactly if he was here still we would most likely not have pope and Thomas and we would have our playmakers riding the bench. The whole offensive staff except Hartley was bone headed and thought they knew the world and couldn't score 21 points consistently

Advertisement
Advertisement
I just posted this on another thread. Is Kevin Patrick a good recruiter? Former great Cane DL and coaches at NC State. If so, bring him in next year.

this has been addressed many times. he said no to us basically. he doesnt want to leave NCSU right. i think cane in orlanod is close to him and said something similar

this has been addressed many times. he said no to us basically. he doesnt want to leave NCSU right. i think cane in orlanod is close to him and said something similar
Well, I read that the reason he didn't want to leave NC State because his daughter was close to graduating. Let's hope she did and he can come home. If he can coach and recruit.

Advertisement
This is another thing the people sitting in their air conditioned lakehouses while they post on this site don't understand in the least.

Sure, I want the kids to "put on for their city" too. But some of these kids, a decent bit of them, have been absolutely diarrhea'd on by "their city"....aka the people around them. Family, friends, "handlers", etc. This is not suburbia. Sure, if you're a middle class person, I understand why you'd think it's a no-brainer to just move to the gables and play for UM. But if you grew up in a literal ****-hole, without a pot to **** in, and surrounded by people who treat you like ****, and here comes some dude who is going to give you HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of dollars to move to another city (not another continent...people can still come see you, you can go home if you need to) and give you the same opportunities that the home team can, how can you blame these kids?

Again, not every kid is Duke Johnson. Yet a lot of people on here who don't have the first clue what it's like to struggle bash kids for wanting to remove themselves from a horrible situation, oh, while getting more money than they've ever dreamed of. For a half a second, take yourself out of your 4 bedroom house and spend a minute in the pork n beans. Sometimes, Coral Gables isn't nearly far enough away.
I don’t blame a lot of these kids for taking the money and running. They have an opportunity to immediately change their families fortunes. How can anyone begrudge em that?

Advertisement
Back