James Williams Decommits

I wouldve kept Hartley at te, dugans at wr & got fields on special teams. Seider wouldve been on rb. If I couldn't keep dugans (which we could've) I wouldve had either seider or trooper at wr. From a savages perspective we could've had that staff and would've had any kid in America begging to play for those boys in enos offense... one of the things that really sucks about hearing where interest lies is knowing what our staff could've been. Past that I guess this is faith. I think this staff is good and its capable. But lord would yall have been an awful lot more confident if we wouldve gone this other route.

Enos
Seider
Dugans
Hartley
Berry
Fields

Would have been a deadly recruiting staff.

Advertisement
Well, obviously, the UGA/Bama/etc model of top notch recruiters and really good coordinators is the preferred model but that is tough. We've also lived through the years of Randy and Alf when they tried to stack the staff with good local recruiters and that didn't amount to much. Don't be swayed by the need for elite recruiters - many of the elite recruiters out there depend on a strong bag game. We need a keen eye for players and coaches that know how to find talent (2/3/4 star) rather than a guy who constantly lands 5 stars. Give me guys who know HOW to recruit without getting that 5 star notoriety and couple that with coordinators who can coach and that's your winning formula for Miami.
That's another point of emphasis in our off field staff. Namely DVD and coon... DVD I'm confident in. Matter of fact wont be long till he has an on field role either here or somewhere else. My concern with coon other than knowing his motives is he doesnt know football anywhere near as well as he (and most of yall)seems to believe. His ideal recruit for us to target will always be kids he has a personal relationship with far before a kid with a certain skill set or mind set. Knowing our targets start to be keyed on through them is slightly concerning due to sheer numbers. I would really like to see us expand our capabilities in who and what we target. What exactly is our blueprint. Otherwise were gonna see an awful lot of me first kids on this squad. If I had a say so, I'd bring in sarge as the person to run that department. Problem is he makes a **** ton of money run running a national camp for kids on all levels of youth league football.

I wouldve kept Hartley at te, dugans at wr & got fields on special teams. Seider wouldve been on rb. If I couldn't keep dugans (which we could've) I wouldve had either seider or trooper at wr. From a savages perspective we could've had that staff and would've had any kid in America begging to play for those boys in enos offense... one of the things that really sucks about hearing where interest lies is knowing what our staff could've been. Past that I guess this is faith. I think this staff is good and its capable. But lord would yall have been an awful lot more confident if we wouldve gone this other route.
I was with you except for Dugans. You are obviously more in tune with the day to day of the program; but that WR Room was a mess and to top if off, most of them couldn't catch a cold in a storm.
I think that Manny would've kept Hartley; but I don't disagree with the #TNM clean slate that he wanted the offense to come back to. Hartley was two fold, because not only did we get weaker and lost our stranglehold on Jax; but he went to Jawja. And he needs bags to recruit like.....
My only regret is that we didn't land Seider to coach RB's. Adding him to this staff would have been awesome.

The only problem with keeping Dugans is sure he could recruit but our receivers couldn’t catch worth a ****.
I hear u. There was just a lil too much nonsense in that room last year in particular. He was responsible not only for the players & letting them get out of control but especially the staff under him which was creating ALL of that chaos. Catching the ball at this level should be a given out of the people who play. Only so much you can blame on the coach. Too much politics last year.

Advertisement
I was with you except for Dugans. You are obviously more in tune with the day to day of the program; but that WR Room was a mess and to top if off, most of them couldn't catch a cold in a storm.
I think that Manny would've kept Hartley; but I don't disagree with the #TNM clean slate that he wanted the offense to come back to. Hartley was two fold, because not only did we get weaker and lost our stranglehold on Jax; but he went to Jawja. And he needs bags to recruit like.....
My only regret is that we didn't land Seider to coach RB's. Adding him to this staff would have been awesome.
We turned down seider and several other monsters. We could've had an ELITE staff. Personally as much as I like enos and I think **** be great,not sure I wouldve hired him with the caveat of bringing this staff. We left some real names out there that we could've put together.

We turned down seider and several other monsters. We could've had an ELITE staff. Personally as much as I like enos and I think **** be great,not sure I wouldve hired him with the caveat of bringing this staff. We left some real names out there that we could've put together.

All of the names you've mentioned as people we could've gotten, had heavy rumors in rotation at one point. I was excited at the possibility of hopefully 2 of them jumping on staff. Fields ended up as the only guy that could at the very least, maintain the recruiting of the guy he replaced.

All of the names you've mentioned as people we could've gotten, had heavy rumors in rotation at one point. I was excited at the possibility of hopefully 2 of them jumping on staff. Fields ended up as the only guy that could at the very least, maintain the recruiting of the guy he replaced.
In his defense, Hickson got Chaney locked down real quick when Brown was struggling to close the deal.

But for most part I agree, not too optimistic about Stubblefield and Barry’s recruiting.

In his defense, Hickson got Chaney locked down real quick when Brown was struggling to close the deal.

But for most part I agree, not too optimistic about Stubblefield and Barry’s recruiting.
Nvm guess I’m wrong lol? @dsddcane

Advertisement

Chaney has let it be known for quite some time he was coming here. Plenty of other issues with tb but that ain't one of them. Personally I'm not too big on hickson but I'm open to him atleast. Stubblefield,well he coaches my nephew and he knows the position. Anything else we'll have to see.

Chaney has let it be known for quite some time he was coming here. Plenty of other issues with tb but that ain't one of them. Personally I'm not too big on hickson but I'm open to him atleast. Stubblefield,well he coaches my nephew and he knows the position. Anything else we'll have to see.
Fair enough, always trust what you got to say. I have little doubts about Stubb’s coaching ability. The recruiting is where my worry lies. But if puts our guys in the league and in the top 3 rounds, he’ll sell himself I’m hoping.

We turned down Seider? As in, he was interested and Manny didn't pursue? Or he reached out and Manny said no?

Either way, I'll be back. Gonna go throw up.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Enos
Seider
Dugans
Hartley
Berry
Fields

Would have been a deadly recruiting staff.
The thing with that is the continuity of the staff. When a staff meshes well together, it flows well with the team a la the defense under Manny. As far as recruiting, that staff would've been lethal but I don't think their personalities would've meshed that well.

Last edited:
Life after football....

LMAO!

Those racist klan member rednecks don't give a fvck about you outside of what you can do for their team on the field.

After that is over, you really think they care about setting you up with a life after football?

Maybe as a local HS coach just to funnel them more young black men to be part of their modern day slavery...

You can't even get into the best frat parties as a top player on the football team if you are black at some of these $EC schools.

**** is crazy, and these kids are so stupid they fall for it hook line and bag.

Life after football in TusKKKaloosa...

:zczkqmritjdsoaq.jpg:
exactly. It's absolutely laughable when a kid says I chose Bama, Auburn, LSU, etc. because of education or life after football or whatever else they make up. Fvck off, no you didn't, you chose it because they funded your new outfit, new Mustang, and your mothers new job.

If life after football and family atmosphere around a university is important to you, there honestly might not be a better option in all of CFB then Miami. Miami still has dudes from the 80s coming back, supporting, helping, etc.

I obviously would love to have the Battles, Riques, Bogles of the world, but once this type of **** happens, I honestly just want them to fvck off.

Advertisement
Back