James Williams Decommits

Advertisement
If it makes you feel better were not far from being back in that same draw. Once we show we can win consistently and not as a fluke than we got a box to stand on. This team and this staff is built for us to win consistently.
Hoping everyone here is right and MD is the guy that does it.....I wish him nothing but the best. But anyone can understand why Im not confident in anything we do at this point, I have to see it first and Im usually a positive person but its been 15 years so.

Miami has never been elite without getting top sfla talent. I know people will say they did but rankings r more accurate now. We used to get the top talent now schools know who can ball. This IMO is why we are down besides coaching as well but receuiting has alot to do with it.

Some of this schools best players weren’t from SoFl, been saying it for years get the SoFl studs that wanna be canes like a chaney and duke then go after the out of state studs who aren’t around the SoFl bull sh¡t, thats how we did it in the past

Hoping everyone here is right and MD is the guy that does it.....I wish him nothing but the best. But anyone can understand why Im not confident in anything we do at this point, I have to see it first and Im usually a positive person but its been 15 years so.

You are usually positive???? What????? JK fam, ive had my downers with this team too, but I remembered this is the U, that brand will always have power in college football

Advertisement
Some of this schools best players weren’t from SoFl, been saying it for years get the SoFl studs that wanna be canes like a chaney and duke then go after the out of state studs who aren’t around the SoFl bull sh¡t, thats how we did it in the past
We need to recruit OOS elites to mix with our sfla kids and we will doninate. I believe this year we will have a complete product to build off of

Well I fvck with ya so I'm gonna help u on this. If you think back to the last 3 staffs put a point of emphasis on our coordinators. At not one single point have we had cohesion between offense and defense. With onion it was always our oc was a joke. Came close with whipple and those teams were competitive at least but youth and lack of depth killed us. With alfraud he decided to stick us with no d and as a result of having no d we wasted all of those years. With cmr well we had cmr and his dimensia calling plays. As of this moment we have an oc who can be innovative enough to move the ball to go along with a near elite unit at virtually every position except oline on offense. We have a DC who apparently will call basically the same defense as manny and logic would say IF he does struggle manny will call plays himself. That my friend is cohesion. We have two units at once who are both capable of excelling as a staff.

Well I fvck with ya so I'm gonna help u on this. If you think back to the last 3 staffs put a point of emphasis on our coordinators. At not one single point have we had cohesion between offense and defense. With onion it was always our oc was a joke. Came close with whipple and those teams were competitive at least but youth and lack of depth killed us. With alfraud he decided to stick us with no d and as a result of having no d we wasted all of those years. With cmr well we had cmr and his dimensia calling plays. As of this moment we have an oc who can be innovative enough to move the ball to go along with a near elite unit at virtually every position except oline on offense. We have a DC who apparently will call basically the same defense as manny and logic would say IF he does struggle manny will call plays himself. That my friend is cohesion. We have two units at once who are both capable of excelling as a staff.
I believe we r in better hands with this staff as a whole in terms of hands on x and os. I even think the defense will improve in stopping the run. Im hoping we win 10 annualy so we can start grabbing kids of better caliber then past years. If we beat UF (thats my lsu game this year) then we are cruising.

Last edited:

I actually like the staff from a schematic standpoint.

My potential issue is on the recruiting side of things. I really don't see any elite recruiters here. The jury is still out, certainly, but are any of these guys considered great recruiters? Manny himself hasn't recruited well since he's been here. Can Enos recruit good QBs? Looks like he may have gotten a good one in 2020, so I suppose that's a good start. Is Stubblefield a great recruiter? Barry? We've discussed Rumph way too much, we all know the deal there. Banda was hyped as a fantastic recruiter, but has had plenty of whiffs. Patke? Zero resume. Can Hickson recruit on this level? Stroud is a loose cannon.

We'll see. I agree with you 150% on the coaching side of things, for sure. Enos has proven he is at worst competent, something we didn't have on offense under onion and defense under Al, then offense again under Richt. If Baker is an extension of Manny, and he should be, the defense should be at worst pretty good from here on out. So these guys might be able to actually coach. But the best of the best can coach and recruit. Good coaches/programs do one or the other well. Great coaches/programs do both.

Advertisement

My potential issue is on the recruiting side of things. I really don't see any elite recruiters here. The jury is still out, certainly, but are any of these guys considered great recruiters? Manny himself hasn't recruited well since he's been here. Can Enos recruit good QBs? Looks like he may have gotten a good one in 2020, so I suppose that's a good start. Is Stubblefield a great recruiter? Barry? We've discussed Rumph way too much, we all know the deal there. Banda was hyped as a fantastic recruiter, but has had plenty of whiffs. Patke? Zero resume. Can Hickson recruit on this level? Stroud is a loose cannon.

We'll see. I agree with you 150% on the coaching side of things, for sure. Enos has proven he is at worst competent, something we didn't have on offense under onion and defense under Al, then offense again under Richt. If Baker is an extension of Manny, and he should be, the defense should be at worst pretty good from here on out. So these guys might be able to actually coach. But the best of the best can coach and recruit. Good coaches/programs do one or the other well. Great coaches/programs do both.
I can agree from a recruiting perspective but for different reasoning. #1 elite recruiting is a bi product of the product we put on the field. An elite recruiting coach is simply a coach with a personality who can relate to both kids and parents with passion in what they coach. For me I'm a lil concerned about the staff under enos on the offensive side of the ball. I'm especially concerned that if the nay sayers are right about enos and hes only here for a year or two since manny allowed him to hire his own staff,will manny be too soft to get rid of them and get a new oc? Because other than stubblefield and maybe hickson I wouldnt want any of them on staff without enos. Honestly I'd probably have to be talked into stubblefield and hickson too. But as of now that's neither here nor there.

I can agree from a recruiting perspective but for different reasoning. #1 elite recruiting is a bi product of the product we put on the field. An elite recruiting coach is simply a coach with a personality who can relate to both kids and parents with passion in what they coach. For me I'm a lil concerned about the staff under enos on the offensive side of the ball. I'm especially concerned that if the nay sayers are right about enos and hes only here for a year or two since manny allowed him to hire his own staff,will manny be too soft to get rid of them and get a new oc? Because other than stubblefield and maybe hickson I wouldnt want any of them on staff without enos. Honestly I'd probably have to be talked into stubblefield and hickson too. But as of now that's neither here nor there.

If you had a chance, would you have kept Hartley over hiring Fields?

I actually see UGA taking a step back this year. They aren’t even close to Bama talent wise this year and the one thing that saves them is they basically get to play Bama at home ever year. They had a bunch of underclassmen come out for the draft last year and a lot of unproven players at this point!
I was looking at their depth chart. They are good but not spectacular by no means. They are ****ed if Frohm goes down.

Advertisement
You show your ignorance each and every day.

How many Golden Canes do you know? Answer: NONE

How many ex-players do you know and socialize with? Answer: NONE

How many booster or Golden Canes events do you attend on a yearly basis? Answer: NONE

Do you know, personally, the biggest contributor to the university? ANSWER: NO

How many current or former coaches do you know? ANSWER: NONE

Let’s keep it real. You’re a newbie with zero experience or knowledge trying to elevate your social media profile with ignorant hot takes. You have no idea how this game works.

You think you know shlt...you don’t.

Listen to people that know or continue be dumbass, like you currently are.

A mercenary isn’t going to stay even if we’re winning 12 a year. Unless our current landscape changes, that won’t change. Wins won’t matter to the bag chasers.

Yeah but bama has a very small population. Most of their fans are bandwagon and the kids don’t care.
Miami was like that as well. I lived out west when we were the shizznick. I saw Miami gear out there and a lot of dudes were cane fans that weren’t from Florida at all. Everyone likes a winner. The heat had fans all over the country when bron was here.
Kids want to follow. No one wants to be the man or the team that says we put Miami back on the map. Kids out there risking their bodies but won’t risk the sure thing. The sure thing is that if Miami wins were a national brand plain and simple.
What kids need to know is that winnng here will also bring fans out he woodwork and make new ones. It’s not like Clemson of all places had this huge national following before they started winning but now they have fans everywhere as well.
I never even heard of Clemson until around 2009 when they beat us.

Advertisement

Well, obviously, the UGA/Bama/etc model of top notch recruiters and really good coordinators is the preferred model but that is tough. We've also lived through the years of Randy and Alf when they tried to stack the staff with good local recruiters and that didn't amount to much. Don't be swayed by the need for elite recruiters - many of the elite recruiters out there depend on a strong bag game. We need a keen eye for players and coaches that know how to find talent (2/3/4 star) rather than a guy who constantly lands 5 stars. Give me guys who know HOW to recruit without getting that 5 star notoriety and couple that with coordinators who can coach and that's your winning formula for Miami.

If you had a chance, would you have kept Hartley over hiring Fields?
I wouldve kept Hartley at te, dugans at wr & got fields on special teams. Seider wouldve been on rb. If I couldn't keep dugans (which we could've) I wouldve had either seider or trooper at wr. From a savages perspective we could've had that staff and would've had any kid in America begging to play for those boys in enos offense... one of the things that really sucks about hearing where interest lies is knowing what our staff could've been. Past that I guess this is faith. I think this staff is good and its capable. But lord would yall have been an awful lot more confident if we wouldve gone this other route.

I wouldve kept Hartley at te, dugans at wr & got fields on special teams. Seider wouldve been on rb. If I couldn't keep dugans (which we could've) I wouldve had either seider or trooper at wr. From a savages perspective we could've had that staff and would've had any kid in America begging to play for those boys in enos offense... one of the things that really sucks about hearing where interest lies is knowing what our staff could've been. Past that I guess this is faith. I think this staff is good and its capable. But lord would yall have been an awful lot more confident if we wouldve gone this other route.

Well **** that would’ve been a lethal staff

Advertisement
Back