James Morgan, FIU Qb.....

pimpcane1

Junior
does this name ring a bell to any fans on this board that follow recruiting?

Yes it's that same James Morgan who Corch Coley couldn't convince to leave his Bowling Green commitment to come to Miami. When he failed to convince Morgan he reached out to bum *** Evan Shirreffs asking him to leave his Colombia offer to come to Miami. We get to see Morgan as the FIU starting Qb this saturday.

Tell me how Corch Coley became some master 5 star Qb and other position recruiting guru at UGA again? That's right $$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Last edited:
Advertisement
does this name ring a bell to any fans on this board that follow recruiting? Yes it's that same James Morgan who Corch Coley couldn't convince to leave his Bowling Green commitment to come to Miami. When he failed he convince Morgan he reached out to bum *** Evan Shirreffs asking him to leave his Colombia offer to come to Miami. We get to see Morgan as the FIU starting Qb this saturday.

Tell me how Corch Coley became some master 5 star Qb and other position recruiting guru at UGA again? That's right $$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Wow.....Mark Richt recruited Cam Newton to play tight end at UGA. Does that Mark Richt a Corch too? PraiseGOD PraiseGOD PraiseGod

Also that same year Corch Coley the "master 5 star Qb recruiter at UGA" only went looking for Qb's when he had Dwyane Lawson decommit on him.

I wasn't aware about the Columbia connection. Shirreffs should've totally taken it! SMDH. Coley ruined this kids future. What a bum!!

Advertisement
How? Didn’t he graduate from Miami in 3 years?
Yeah but Columbia is like one of the top 5, top 10 schools in the world. Plus he would've had a better chance of actually playing on Saturdays.

Unless I really thought I had a chance of playing at the U, I would've gone with Columbia. #BusinessDecision

Yeah but Columbia is like one of the top 5, top 10 schools in the world. Plus he would've had a better chance of actually playing on Saturdays.

Unless I really thought I had a chance of playing at the U, I would've gone with Columbia. #BusinessDecision
Agreed but he walked away with a degree from the U debt free and will get his graduate from UNC Charlotte also debt free. Not too bad if you ask me.

Advertisement
Nowhere near as good as walking away from Columbia debt free.
No athletic scholarships in Ivy League. If his parents make more than 200k a year he would have to ask them to pay or take out loans.

If family income is below 6 figures Ivy is close to free sports or not. If Evan cams from a "high earning" family that is not like actually "rich" an actually free degree from a Duke, Stanford, BC, Northwestern or Vandy is the best free academic degree possible.

Evan actually made the smart and unselfish decision to come here. Now if he he could only actually play a ****...

No athletic scholarships in Ivy League. If his parents make more than 200k a year he would have to ask them to pay or take out loans.

If family income is below 6 figures Ivy is close to free sports or not. If Evan cams from a "high earning" family that is not like actually "rich" an actually free degree from a Duke, Stanford, BC, Northwestern or Vandy is the best free academic degree possible.

Evan actually made the smart and unselfish decision to come here. Now if he he could only actually play a ****...

I didn't consider the fact that his parents may make more than the need based scholarship allowed. However, even with that. Taking out a loan if he needed to pay the difference that his parents couldn't pay would be worth it. In the business world a degree from Columbia is invaluable. It would give him a chance to land a high paying IB or PE job in a couple years out of college.

You forgot South Harmon Institute of Technology....that’s a **** of a school.

I didn't consider the fact that his parents may make more than the need based scholarship allowed. However, even with that. Taking out a loan if he needed to pay the difference that his parents couldn't pay would be worth it. In the business world a degree from Columbia is invaluable. It would give him a chance to land a high paying IB or PE job in a couple years out of college.
True. But it's not like there aren't a sht ton of dudes doing IB or on the buyside from places like Northwestern, Duke, Wake, USC, UMich and most surprisingly Indiana (Kelly is a legit *** b school). UMiami and USC actually put a ton on kids on the street as well. A lot of students at UM are loaded and they have buyside connections coming out of undergrad already.

And most of these guys that are D1 athletes aren't tryna live the cube life. An athlete thinks they want to be a pro.

Advertisement
True. But it's not like there aren't a sht ton of dudes doing IB or on the buyside from places like Northwestern, Duke, Wake, USC, UMich and most surprisingly Indiana (Kelly is a legit *** b school). UMiami andnUSC actually put a ton on kids on the street as well. A lot of students at UM are loaded and they have buyside connections coming out of undergrad already.

And most of these guys that are D1 athletes aren't tryna live the cube life. An athlete thinks they want to be a pro.

That is 100% true, BUT the Ivy kid is going to get the job over any of the other schools besides Stanford. All things equal. Miami gets a lot of kids in because of their connections, but a football player wouldn't get those connects. Those are usually family connections. If Sheriff really thought he could go pro then he made the right choice I guess, but if was actually thinking about his future Columbia is the way to go. Besides being a front office IE or PE guy you will end up making WAY more in your lifetime then being an NFL player.

Nowhere near as good as walking away from Columbia debt free.

Yeah, but you get a serious brainwashing at Columbia that most never recover from. In my experience IV grads end up with very narrow perspective and limited vision. Never loss to one in the courtroom. There is no doubt about the advantages their degrees bring but that is from the corruption of our system more than superior education. But from dollar and cents standpoint you are correct.

Yeah, but you get a serious brainwashing at Columbia that most never recover from. In my experience IV grads end up with very narrow perspective and limited vision. Never loss to one in the courtroom. There is no doubt about the advantages their degrees bring but that is from the corruption of our system more than superior education. But from dollar and cents standpoint you are correct.
And just like that.. this thread became political. Mods u better be on standby!

Advertisement
Wow.....Mark Richt recruited Cam Newton to play tight end at UGA. Does that Mark Richt a Corch too? PraiseGOD PraiseGOD PraiseGod

and Tannehill was recruited to be a wr at Texas A&M. You do know some of these guys can play multiple positions at a high level , right???

and Tannehill was recruited to be a wr at Texas A&M. You do know some of these guys can play multiple positions at a high level , right???

Wrong...he was recruited to play QB, moved to WR (wasn't cutting it) and then moved back to QB.

Nice Try!

Wrong...he was recruited to play QB, moved to WR (wasn't cutting it) and then moved back to QB.

Nice Try!

ok, thanks for clarifying but what does have to do with the main point about guys being able to play multiple positions well?

"Tannehill finished the 2009 season with a team-leading 46 receptions for 609 yards and four touchdowns. About 80% of his 46 catches went for first downs or touchdowns. He picked up All-Big 12 Honorable Mention honors for his performance. He only took eight snaps at quarterback the entire season" Ryan Tannehill - Wikipedia

Nice try!

ok, thanks for clarifying but what does have to do with the main point about guys being able to play multiple positions well?

"Tannehill finished the 2009 season with a team-leading 46 receptions for 609 yards and four touchdowns. About 80% of his 46 catches went for first downs or touchdowns. He picked up All-Big 12 Honorable Mention honors for his performance. He only took eight snaps at quarterback the entire season" Ryan Tannehill - Wikipedia

Nice try!

Owned!

Advertisement
Back