James Hudson 2017 4* SDE/OT as a Miami Recruit

Paranos

All-ACC
2017 4* SDE\OT James Hudson III from Toledo, OH has decommitted from UK and plans to visit Miami in July. He is being recruited as a dlinemen but is open to playing Online also. Bama just offerd and Mich St is recruiting him hard he has reportedly visited MSU 4 times. Now Michigan is also getting into it. I think the Spartans are the dark horse to watch, but with a good Miami visit in July all bets would be off. He reminds me of Mich State's Malik Mcdowell, he could play DT or DE.

Link to article about his July visit to Miami
2017 Toledo (OH) Kentucky DL James Hudson Talks Upcoming Michigan Visit And Recruitment - TheWolverineDaily

As for Miami I like his versatility to slide inside an play as a athletic 1Tech DT or flip to offense an play OT at 6'5" 290lbs he uses his hands well and plays with good leverage. With a red shirt year he will add the strength needed to be a dominant for on the dline. Hudson is a prototypical Coach Kool Dlinemen, let's see if he can work his magic an grab this one.

Link to article
Miami Offer "Exciting" For Kentucky Commit James Hudson - Football Recruiting - Scout

.Miami Offer "Exciting" For Kentucky Commit James Hudson
Miami became the latest school to offer 2017 three-star defensive end James Hudson this week, and the Kentucky commit admitted the offer was special to him.

Three-star defensive end James Hudsonstill has schools trying to recruit him, even the Toledo Central Catholic product has been committed to Kentucky for nearly a year.

Hudson's last offer is from Miami of Florida, a school he has rooted for since childhood. He admitted the offer from the Canes means a lot to him.

"The offer from Miami means a lot to me, and it came out of nowhere to be honest," Hudson stated. "I just started talking to them this week, and they offered me the next day. They are recruiting me as a defensive lineman."

"They watched my film and liked what they saw, so they went ahead and offered," he added. "They want me to come down for a game this fall, and I would love to do that. This is exciting to me, and I watch the highlights of Sean Taylor, Ed Reed and Ray Lewis all the time."

"This offer has my attention for sure, but I'm still committed to Kentucky," he continued. "I want to visit other schools to see what else is out there, and I've picked up a lot of offers since I committed. I'm going to visit Michigan State this weekend, and I also want to see Tennessee, Penn State, and of course Miami."

Scout will continue to track Hudson over the coming months, and will update any visits or new offers.

[HUDL]athlete/4047643/highlights/321682386 [/HUDL]

Advertisement
He looks like a future inside guy (3 or 1tech.) to me. I Wonder what working with Kool can do for this young man.

He looks like a future inside guy (3 or 1tech.) to me. I Wonder what working with Kool can do for this young man.

He's an OT too, Kuligowski is the area recruiter for Ohio because he's originally from there and played for Toledo. There's a chance Searels is involved as well

Advertisement

He's an OT too, Kuligowski is the area recruiter for Ohio because he's originally from there and played for Toledo. There's a chance Searels is involved as well

Right I forgot about the Toledo roots connection for Coach Kool.

Go Canes

Advertisement
Link to Article about Miami making 2017 SDE James Hudson's Top 10 list of schools
James Hudson, a three-star DE from Toledo, includes four Big Ten teams in top 10, not Ohio State: Why? | cleveland.com

James Hudson, a three-star DE from Toledo, includes four Big Ten teams in top 10, not Ohio State: Why?

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Maybe there was a chance three-star defensive end James Hudson III of Toledo (Ohio) Central Catholic could have earned an Ohio State offer had he camped in Columbus in June.

But Hudson opted not to camp in front of Ohio State's coaches and now it seems as if there's very little chance he's going to earn a Buckeyes offer.

That's probably why Hudson didn't include Ohio State in his top 10 that he released on Sunday, but four other Big Ten teams made the cut: Michigan, Michigan State, Penn State and Nebraska.

Also on Hudson's list were Alabama, Kentucky, Miami (Fla.), Tennessee, Pittsburgh and Louisville.

"First off, I would like to thank God for putting me in the position I am in because without him none of this would be possible," Hudson wrote on his Twitter account. "Also, I would like to thank the coaches who have recruited me and offered me scholarships, but these are the schools my family and I will be focusing on now."

This is the same situation three-star offensive tackle Joel Honigford of Sugarcreek (Ohio) Garaway faced last week. He was a very good Ohio prospect with roughly 30 scholarship offers, but Ohio State had no room for him in its 2017 class, so it never offered him a scholarship.

The same fate could be in Hudson's future. By recruiting so well nationally, Ohio State is indirectly making programs like Michigan State better. That's the sacrifice the Buckeyes make as they continue their quest to be as deep and talented as teams like Alabama.

Rated the No. 11 strongside defensive end in the 2017 class in the 247Sports composite rankings, the 6-foot-5, 280-pound Hudson cut his list down to 10 from more than 20 scholarship offers.

Ohio State's top-remaining defensive end target in the 2017 class is five-star Chase Young of Hyattsville (Md.) DeMatha Catholic.

[TWEET]749645969789186048[/TWEET]

Send Coach Kool to wrap this guy up...Got Ohio State, Michigan, and Michigan State at war over him...One guy who has all the potential to make the next level who needs to be coached by the best in the business...Long live Kool & Gang..

Advertisement
Send Coach Kool to wrap this guy up...Got Ohio State, Michigan, and Michigan State at war over him...One guy who has all the potential to make the next level who needs to be coached by the best in the business...Long live Kool & Gang..

Ohio State isn't even recruiting him.

Advertisement
Back