James Coley

It's frustrating because with everything going to the sideline, if the sideline is not open, they have nowhere else to go which completely takes away our opportunity for YAC

Advertisement
Really? I thought he was terrible tonight. He killed a bunch of drives by calling passes after we were killing them running it. He called too many wide running plays that weren't working. It shouldn't take him until late in the fourth quarter to figure out that we need to line up and smash UNC off the ball. As others have pointed out, he's ignoring the middle of the field.

Coley is the reason this game was close.

Dude was terrible imo for three quarters, and me as a casual fan have been screamin for us to line up and pretty much run power, with double tight diff formations....usc gashed unc doing this...it took coleys clown *** the whole game to figure it out. I mean dude ran that zone for like 2 yds a pop and just kept on with it...I was getting mad as unc was keyed on it so much they just sent their cbs on first down with no fear..cuz coley called that run on first down forr three quarters.

He has a gimp ankle qb...yet calls paction rollouts that cost us sacks and ultimately made us miss a fg.

Double reverse to got**** dorsett?..was too early.we didn't run ball good enough yet for them to respect.

He rebounded the last two drives but coley don't deserve a world of praise.

Middle of the field please?

[]_[];1631462 said:
True.

But what about Clive Walford? The guy is **** good and does something big every time he gets the ball. James needs to find him the ball a bit more.

Unfortunately, James isn't throwing the football..

Really? I thought he was terrible tonight. He killed a bunch of drives by calling passes after we were killing them running it. He called too many wide running plays that weren't working. It shouldn't take him until late in the fourth quarter to figure out that we need to line up and smash UNC off the ball. As others have pointed out, he's ignoring the middle of the field.

I agree with this actually. I think Coley was alright and definitely figured it out in the 4th, even more so in the 3rd. That said, like ferguson said, he killed a few drives going away from the run after a 5-7 yard run on 1st down.

i only have minor issues with coley.

1. the offense sometimes gets in the habit of running too much on first down. I'd like to see some passes to the TE or Hagans even if they're little dinks and dunks. Just takes some pressure off the qb.

2. The way he uses duke reminds me at times of the way Mike Sherman used Reggie bush. Specifically, I mean get duke the ball in space (screens or flat passes) so he doesn't take such a pounding.

Most of this stuff is minor.

It was tough for coley tonight. Morris played terribly and his starting running back and top WRs were hurt. Props to the team for figuring it out when it really mattered.

Advertisement
You don't want an interception prone QB throwing in the middle of the field where the most traffic is...

Well maybe we need a different QB (Willliams?????) its okay to have a QB with strengths and weaknesses, they all do. But to absolutely cede one third of the field b/c your 'starter" is too much of a mental midget to make the throw reliably, then you're talking about a major deficiency. Morris relies on his big arm, and his .10 cent brain far too often,

We had a 3rd and short in a spot where we couldnt run for **** tonight, and what's "Mongo" do? he drilled it 100 mph to Hurns on a slant, that required half the mustard he threw it with. With just a little touch, its a first down. Morris locks on receivers and has major difficulty with finesse throws. He'll make a beauty, but the next 5-7 are botched-- either incomplete or INTs. case closed. Time for the staff to take a hard look at "who" Morris is, and make the call.

You don't want an interception prone QB throwing in the middle of the field where the most traffic is...

Well maybe we need a different QB (Willliams?????) its okay to have a QB with strengths and weaknesses, they all do. But to absolutely cede one third of the field b/c your 'starter" is too much of a mental midget to make the throw reliably, then you're talking about a major deficiency. Morris relies on his big arm, and his .10 cent brain far too often,

We had a 3rd and short in a spot where we couldnt run for **** tonight, and what's "Mongo" do? he drilled it 100 mph to Hurns on a slant, that required half the mustard he threw it with. With just a little touch, its a first down. Morris locks on receivers and has major difficulty with finesse throws. He'll make a beauty, but the next 5-7 are botched-- either incomplete or INTs. case closed. Time for the staff to take a hard look at "who" Morris is, and make the call.

You ain't lying about that bullet throw to Hurns. I don't get how he can come down a notch on short throws.
I can go outside and do it right now.

Advertisement
Back