James Coley

Advertisement
Tonight was the first time I was impressed with Coley. Sticking with the run on the last drive with the 2nd and 3rd string RBs took a set of nuts, and it paid off. The ability to adjust cannot be understated.

Actually, the past two weeks adjustments by the staff had been fabulous
Coley loves to mx it p, but when it comes to a head - he goes with the momentum offense

Advertisement
True.

But what about Clive Walford? The guy is **** good and does something big every time he gets the ball. James needs to find him the ball a bit more.

I thought he could have kept it on the ground more, to be honest, but I'm glad in the last drive he kept Morris' contribution to a minimum.

Advertisement
Tonight was the first time I was impressed with Coley. Sticking with the run on the last drive with the 2nd and 3rd string RBs took a set of nuts, and it paid off. The ability to adjust cannot be understated.

I agree, I just wish he would have had a little bigger nuts and started sticking to it a lot earlier. I was a flipping wreck the last couple of times morris had to pass.

Advertisement
We are right back to what we did in the beginning of the season and not using the middle of the field at all. I don't remember a single pass even attempted to the middle this time for anything more than a screen pass.

Actually, the past two weeks adjustments by the staff had been fabulous
Coley loves to mx it p, but when it comes to a head - he goes with the momentum offense

Yeah, we we're build momentum on a 4qtr drive until the ball bounced off Henderson's helmet as well. Can't blame coley for that.

We are right back to what we did in the beginning of the season and not using the middle of the field at all. I don't remember a single pass even attempted to the middle this time for anything more than a screen pass.

I agree with that poncho. You would think with your qb having a hard time that you would throw some easy short passes across the middle.

I do not remember a crossing route or slant all night.

Advertisement

I agree with that poncho. You would think with your qb having a hard time that you would throw some easy short passes across the middle.

I would imgine UNC took it away.

Really? I thought he was terrible tonight. He killed a bunch of drives by calling passes after we were killing them running it. He called too many wide running plays that weren't working. It shouldn't take him until late in the fourth quarter to figure out that we need to line up and smash UNC off the ball. As others have pointed out, he's ignoring the middle of the field.

You don't want an interception prone QB throwing in the middle of the field where the most traffic is...

I would imgine UNC took it away.

By no means am I saying that UNC did not cover it, but I find it hard to believe that there was no opening in the middle the entire night. We crushed these routes last year, hitting guys in stride so they could run for big plays. Lots of YAC opportunity. This is the first offense in my life that I remember watching that goes an entire game without throwing in the middle of the field. Up to this point now, there is about 3 games now where we have avoided the middle completely and I believe its on the playcalling read progression. There might be routes going over the middle, but the read progression has Morris looking elsewhere.

Advertisement
Back