James Coley | Post Practice Interview | 9.28.2015

I don't mind running plays quickly if you are moving the chains. Getting the plays off quickly keeps a tired D from getting any rest at all. Problem is if you aren't converting 3rd downs, you simply are giving the other team more time to work on O.

Advertisement
I don't mind running plays quickly if you are moving the chains. Getting the plays off quickly keeps a tired D from getting any rest at all. Problem is if you aren't converting 3rd downs, you simply are giving the other team more time to work on O.

a team that down 23 with 8 minutes and watching the opponent just sit there a let the clock run to 2 seconds and snap will quit after the 2nd first down. Miami didn't give nebnraska time to think how phucked they really were,

Running the playclock down before the snap disrupts the rhythm of the offense.

Only if you're scheming for competitive advantages based on personnel groupings. Is there another way it disrupts?

theres a difference between going jumbo and trying to run out the clock, and starting to run plays deep into the play clock and still do what you do, he tried to justify the clock mismanagement, and it may have worked with susan miller degnan but not here
This. I don't mind going for the throat but you still run the play clock down on each play when you have a lead in the 4th. The two concepts are not mutually exclusive.

Not to mention, when you have a 20 point lead...and you decide to take a shot and it almost gets picked, trust your running game with knowledge that there is the likelihood of a 3 score + margin.

****...our defense would have likely folded like a lawn chair anyway, but a 33-10 lead and kicking off likely swings momentum a whole lot less than an obvious fade for a pick in the endzone.

UM

Advertisement

Only if you're scheming for competitive advantages based on personnel groupings. Is there another way it disrupts?

You can disrupt it by not making positive gains consistently. An incomplete pass is the killer.

So are you suggesting only running plays and horizontal type passes where the clock keeps running? I'm not sure I'm seeing how running the clock down necessarily makes these more likely (other than, as I mentioned, not being able to manipulate the defense's personnel).

No complains for me on the offense this year. Needs to improve the 3rd down conversion, but the the OL...check, WR.....check, RB.....check, QB...check!!! Wish we utilize the TE a bit more. Would not be surprised if their hidding the TE's in the game plan for bigger games.

We are already a quarter of the way through the season and we suck...if they have the audacity to be "holding stuff back" then they deserve to be fired just for that.

Advertisement
He pretty much said at first to never change the game plan. Other than that idea, I like the mentality; he knows they **** the bed in the 4th, but the philosophy is what I like to hear. He's not trying to take his foot off the gas, and many of us can agree with that. There comes a time to be more conservative, but 9 minutes ain't the time. Also gave the players a lot of props. They want guys out there making plays. Good interview

It ain't him, he wanted to be agressive and put Fsu away last year but golden wasn't having it... Which is why we can't judge coley accurately because he is curtailed by goldens philosophies at times...

yup everyones a product of the head coach, saban can make someone like kiffin look like god but the. he leaves and hes ***. cuz he cant croot like saban its all bout players in college i stand by that

You can disrupt it by not making positive gains consistently. An incomplete pass is the killer.

So are you suggesting only running plays and horizontal type passes where the clock keeps running? I'm not sure I'm seeing how running the clock down necessarily makes these more likely (other than, as I mentioned, not being able to manipulate the defense's personnel).

I'm not suggesting anything Lu just gave an opinion on how else you can disrupt a hurry up offense.

If we're to run the clock out i would like to see some 2 or 3 TE sets... where were stretching yearby or running walton off tackle occasionally dives. Yearby is monster on stretch plays he's gained almost 7 yds a pop on one play alone.

If we're going to spread it out and pass. I wouldn't like Kayaa performing read option. I would set up trips.. run a lot of rub routes similarly how the Patriots do to get Edelman open or use Herndon/Njoku like Gronkowski and Hernandez. I would dink and dunk the whole field occasionally running a draw or power from the pistol.

Main objective do not run out of bounds. Do not drop the ball. What ever you do keep the clock running and score a touchdown.

Advertisement
Back