James Coley as a Recruiter

eleganttomcat

Junior
Absolute stud. We didn't get to feel the effects of Coley as a recruiter for the 2012 class because (rumor has it?) Golden told him he didn't want to send mixed signals to the guys Coley recruited to Florida State. Starting to read articles and watch videos of 2014 recruits they all have a common denominator: mentioning Coley specifically and how much they like him.

All these recruits immediately fall in love with Coley. JoJo Robinson saying that Coley was his optomists coach's QB in High School so they have an unreal relationship, that has an immediate effect on JoJo, no doubt about it. To the point where he laughed when asked what his FSU commitment level was and he responded with soft.

Also read an article on rivals about Florida committment Ryeshene Bronson, a 4 star WR out of Ft. Myers Dunbar High School. He came to our JR day this past weekend and saw us play UNC basketball, excuse me RAPE UNC in basketball. The JR day was probably an insane success because of that basketball game. Those kids probably LOVED that environment and that swagger the basketball team played with.

Most importantly Bronson was saying how he is highly considering Miami again and the biggest factor is Coley and how he is recruiting him. Bronson said, "He was just saying they're sending a lot of people to the NFL and want to get everybody ready so they can play for NFL teams."

I love that Coley is selling these studs on how we send kids to the NFL like it ain't no thang. I really dont think we used that as a recruiting tool AS MUCH as we should have been before he came aboard. Coming from FSU he can't sell the kids on game day atmosphere or college town feel anymore. So he has reverted to a great academic school, a great NFL school, and an unbeatable location (as well as small classes and the likes). The dude just gets it.

Along with his selling of the University, the dude just has the ability to bond with these players. I think Golden does too. As does Christobal. As does Barrow. As does Carroll (im iffy on him but whatever). This is a dominant recruiting force and this is the first year we will see them in full swing. We are going to merk the competition in recruiting this year so long as these sanctions are behind us. And I'm ******* pumped.

:neonu::neonu::neonu::neonu::neonu::neonu::neonu::neonu::neonu::neonu::neonu::neonu::neonu::neonu::neonu::neonu::neonu:

Advertisement
Coley is in a great position now. He can hit the road and tell kids that UM is an NFL pipeline, that the staff are good people and will take care of them, that they are joining a family, and actually be telling the truth finally.

He won't have to cover up for the devil (Jimbo) or cover up how FSU underachieves.

Welcome home, coach.

I wish we could've had him earlier but no matter, time to start work for next year. Plenty of time for that now, and also early enough in the season to ease the changes/transition in offense for this season.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back