Jameis says boys should be strong and girls should be silent

Advertisement
He's a professional sports figure. Why do we want his opinion on anything?

Not sure where you're going with this, but being a sports professional doesn't make you expert on anything other than.....sport.

Funny how society decided that if you can throw, catch or run with a ball your opinion is more meaningful. Same goes for other "entertainers", I don't care what you think. Being good at something does not correlate to being good at everything.

Sports figure opinions are more meaningful, and its not even debateable.
Their views can reach a much broader audience than the average person.
And they can be viewed as "heroes" to kids when growing up.

Its much more important for Nick Saban or someone to condemn racism than it is for you're neighbor tom to say the same thing.

Cant believe there are so many idiots that actually believe people shouldn't be allowed to express their opinions with the platform they have built for themselves. If I'm an NFL player, or any kind of celebrity I would let my opinions be heard.

Sooooooooo....he cant be a role model and/or have an opinion because he plays sports? Look I know he is a Nole but you guys are reaching here..I cant even believe this is news. Smh. I hate the offseason. I cant imagine how it will be around here after Spring ball is over.

He can have as many options as he wants but they should not given a platform just because he is good at football.

A perfect example of this is that stupid stuff Kyrie Irving said about the earth being flat and then Draymond agreeing with him.

They are good at basketball, the general public should not give a **** about what they think about other subjects because the majority of athletes are not qualified to discuss them with the general public.

just about every response to that has been making fun of Kyrie for being stupid enough to actually believe that though.
With Twitter there to basically instantly fact check everyone, I think all this did is change peoples opinion of Kyrie.

Advertisement
Sooooooooo....he cant be a role model and/or have an opinion because he plays sports? Look I know he is a Nole but you guys are reaching here..I cant even believe this is news. Smh. I hate the offseason. I cant imagine how it will be around here after Spring ball is over.

He can have as many options as he wants but they should not given a platform just because he is good at football.

A perfect example of this is that stupid stuff Kyrie Irving said about the earth being flat and then Draymond agreeing with him.

They are good at basketball, the general public should not give a **** about what they think about other subjects because the majority of athletes are not qualified to discuss them with the general public.

No they have a platform because of their respective talents, which is fine. But it's their responsibility when on said platform to not sound so **** stupid.

All this fuss over something that half the men in the world probably believe anyway..lol. He is from the deep south. That is what they believe in those parts. Not sure why this is such shocking news.

Half ya'll bums probably voted for Trump because Hillary was a woman and you are getting rustled over this. LOL. The irony.

All this fuss over something that half the men in the world probably believe anyway..lol. He is from the deep south. That is what they believe in those parts. Not sure why this is such shocking news.

Half ya'll bums probably voted for Trump because Hillary was a woman and you are getting rustled over this. LOL. The irony.

Not rustled. Didn't vote for Trump. That's irrelevant anyways.

I'm making a simple and what should be a blatantly obvious point. Celebrities should generally stay in their lane, as should all the rest of us.

The difference between a celebrity and everyone else is that people for some reason take their opinions seriously even when the opinion they are voicing has nothing to do with their area of expertise.

It's a small gripe, and it's largely the medias fault for enabling them.

Advertisement

No they have a platform because of their respective talents, which is fine. But it's their responsibility when on said platform to not sound so **** stupid.

Fair enough I guess. My issue is that I think their platform should be solely within the field they are talented in.

Not sure if you're being sarcastic or not. The flow of your post is confusing. But "have an opinion" is not the same as presented to talk in front of elementary school kids as if you're a wise leader of some sort. Of course everybody should have an opinion including the Menendez brothers. A role model with history of stealing from a supermarket and rape "allegations"? I hope you're kidding.

Advertisement
Clearly no respect for women + dumb as a box of rocks. Who would want him speaking to their kids? There are many other Bucs players that are good role models, why did the elementary school get him?.....probably who Bucs wanted to send in their effort to 'rehab' his image... blah blah blah.

Reaching a broader audience doesn't make an athlete's opionion meaningful...those 2 things can be mutually exclusive.

Advertisement

Reaching a broader audience doesn't make an athlete's opionion meaningful...those 2 things can be mutually exclusive.

its meaningful because it makes a bigger impact. This is very simple.
Someone famous or who just plain has a large following saying something is more important than joe shmoe saying the same thing.

nothing wrong with teaching boys not to be "transgendered" mentally confused gxys and teaching girls to be the opposite of *****-activists like Amber Rose

Lived in the South all my life. Never ran across one human being that believes the Earth is flat.

Something tells me most of you aren't familiar w South St. Pete.

He absolutely was correct concentrating on boys being strong and speaking up.

That's a horrible crime area. Drugs murders. Awful.

Y'all think girls are committing even 10% of those Ctimes when they get older?

Advertisement
Back