Jamarrion Solomon, 2022 DT, Miami Palmetto High

Goulds Cane

Senior
Coach Manasco's got another trench monster coming up through the ranks! Jamarrion Solomon is a class of 2022 DT for the Panthers. I watched almost every Palmetto game this season and he has Power 5 potential in my opinion. He is **** near a carbon copy of Texas Longhorns/Seattle Seahawks DT Poona Ford. At 6'0 275 he is on the small side but to be honest height doesn't really matter at 3 tech.

Advertisement
This kid is really good and quick as lighting off the line. But he looks even a lot shorter than 6'0??

Also how did this Palmetto team lose the last couple years? I know QB got hurt this year...But my god.

This kid is really good and quick as lighting off the line. But he looks even a lot shorter than 6'0??

Also how did this Palmetto team lose the last couple years? I know QB got hurt this year...But my god.
2019 they lost on a last second field goal to a good Western team.

2020 the starting QB got injured & the offense turned into run Brashard up the middle every play. Up 3-2 with :58 left in the 4th, Osceola blocked the Palmetto FG attempt and took it back for a touchdown.

Advertisement
Would love a Warren Sapp caliber NT, but I'll have to wait and see with this kid. Not seeing the quickness and motor I like to see from shorter NT's.

Advertisement
Would love a Warren Sapp caliber NT, but I'll have to wait and see with this kid. Not seeing the quickness and motor I like to see from shorter NT's.

Don't you mean Vince Wilfork NT/1 Tech war daddy type big man.

Such as 350lbs 2022 NT Bear Alexander from Denton,TX. Note his body control and change of direction abilities being that big.

This is a sophomore picture, he must be like 40 yrs old, that is what the $EC recruits and pays for grown *** manchilds.
bear-alexander-3245-1.jpg

@Goulds Cane you see this ****; size & height does matter at NT, Miami is playing games by bringing in smaller shorties. This was supposed to be Savion, **** near could be his brother.

Go Canes

Last edited:
Sapp was a 3 technique, not a nose.
True. My point was I like the shorter types to be quicker off the ball with a high motor. We need to get bigger and heavier in the trenches. We get blocked creating big running lanes. Nobody wrecking the blocking schemes or occupying 2 linemen.

Advertisement
Don't you mean Vince Wilfork NT/1 Tech war daddy type big man.

Such as 350lbs 2022 NT Bear Alexander from Denton,TX. Note his body control and change of direction abilities being that big.

This is a sophomore picture, he must be like 40 yrs old, that is what the $EC recruits and pays for grown *** manchilds.
bear-alexander-3245-1.jpg

@Goulds Cane you see this ****; size & height does matter at NT, Miami is playing games by bringing in smaller shorties. This was supposed to be Savion, **** near could be his brother.

Go Canes

He's playing 3 Tech in this entire film

Advertisement
Height matters because length matters.

Taller players generally have longer arms.
Longer arms = more length
More length = ability to do things shorter players can't.

All things even... (skill wise)
*A 6'1" Corner can make plays on balls that 5'9" Corners can't touch.
*A 6'3" WR's catch radius is a lot greater than a 5'10" WR's catch radius.
*Taller Defensive Linemen have longer arms which allows them to lock-out and create more separation from O-Lineman. (thus making it easier to shed)
*Taller Defensive Linemen also bat down more passes.
*Taller Linebackers take up more space in zone coverage. It's a lot harder to throw around a 6'2" LB than a 5'11" LB. (cause of length)

Of course this is just generally speaking. There are always outliers that are freak athletes and break all of these rules. (i.e. Aaron Donald)

Height matters because length matters.

Taller players generally have longer arms.
Longer arms = more length
More length = ability to do things shorter players can't.

All things even... (skill wise)
*A 6'1" Corner can make plays on balls that 5'9" Corners can't touch.
*A 6'3" WR's catch radius is a lot greater than a 5'10" WR's catch radius.
*Taller Defensive Linemen have longer arms which allows them to lock-out and create more separation from O-Lineman. (thus making it easier to shed)
*Taller Defensive Linemen also bat down more passes.
*Taller Linebackers take up more space in zone coverage. It's a lot harder to throw around a 6'2" LB than a 5'11" LB. (cause of length)

Of course this is just generally speaking. There are always outliers that are freak athletes and break all of these rules. (i.e. Aaron Donald)

In Aaron Donald's case, he also has freak hand speed and heavy hands that allow him to prevent OL from engaging. Combined with his lower center of gravity he can get into an interior OL's chest easy. He's truly a freak athlete, and if anyone is out their trying to scout the next Aaron Donald, I hope it's just their hobby because otherwise they're going to be out of work soon.

I compared him to Poona Ford not Aaron Donald lol. Poona Ford is 5'11 with a 6'0 wingspan & one of the most disruptive interior pass rushers in the league.

Advertisement
Back