Jamare- Edwards (2017) DE Carol City

CarolCityHigh

Freshman
We all have kids we wonder about that look good either on film, in person or both. This is one of them for me.He used to be at Miramar with Owen Carney then both. Film looks excellent showing a very explosive athlete. He is used up and down the DL. Is a quick penetrating, physical attack style player. He has not been to any Nike camps and is listed at 6-3 or 6-4 and around 240 lbs. Has good strength Benches 315 and squats 400+. So for only as smattering of schools have offered- Colorado State. Kansas, etc. To me personally he is a real potential sleeper.

Jamare Edwards - Hudl

Last edited:
Advertisement
I like his film. He's played at a high level of HS competition, he has a nice first step, swim move, and motor.

He plays a little high...that can be coached.

I would like to see more film...does he take plays off...does he consistently get off blocks, etc.

Hopefully the coaches have taken a look. Players like Jamere end up balling out at random schools. I trust Coach Kool in his evals. This kid could have a bright future. Hopefully he has the grades and his head is screwed on straight.

I recall when he teamed with Carney at Miramar and they were quite a duo.

Advertisement
Back