Jamarcus Chatman ???

said it in the other thread but man Chatman looks like a grown man

type of kid who will see playing time as a freshman with that kind of physical build

The SDE is open competition with Chad and Trent gone. Chatman could be 2nd string in the rotation behind Garvin.

Yep. Garvin backs up Joe.
Chatman will be in competition to play behind D. Jackson.

Lol no that's definitely not going to be the rotation. DJax is rotating behind Jackson. And Garvin is going to either start at SDE or rotate if the staff moves Bethel back to that position.

Chatman will either be 2nd string DE behind Garvin, or 3rd string behind Bethel and Garvin.. depends if Bethel stays at DT or not.

I could see Djax starting at SDE and Jackson at WDE just as much as Jackson/Garvin starting together. Problem is, WDE is the best position for both Jackson and Garvin....so i would prefer to see them rotate on run downs and both play in sub-packages or against pass-heavy spread teams.

If Chatman signs, i could definitely see him starting out at SDE and getting burn as a frosh. I could also see Willis getting burn there as well. Willis is scheme diverse.

Advertisement
[MENTION=1]Andrew[/MENTION]

Can Chatman play the SDE position for a couple of years or do you think he is a one year stop gap at SDE and then kicks down inside to the 3T after a year of eating, lifting, football?

Jamarcus Chatman silently committed to the coaches this weekend. I know that doesn't mean much for some kids, but there's that.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Please explain why a silent commit is used ?

I can’t grab hold of it’s reasoning being positive or it’s just an escape clause of nothing to see here it never happened.

Please people of higher learn enlightened me of its use.

GOCANES

I can’t grab hold of it’s reasoning being positive or it’s just an escape clause of nothing to see here it never happened.

It does a few things. Being a silent commit holds your spot in the class, reaffirms your position with the coaches, and allows you to be committed but still get the exposure to "commit" on NSD with all the cameras, journalists, friends, and families around
GOCANES

Silently committing means your spot is saved in the class, reaffirms your position with the staff, and allows the player to "commit" on NSD in front of friends, families, cameras, and journalists.

Advertisement

It does a few things. Being a silent commit holds your spot in the class, reaffirms your position with the coaches, and allows you to be committed but still get the exposure to "commit" on NSD with all the cameras, journalists, friends, and families around
GOCANES

Silently committing means your spot is saved in the class, reaffirms your position with the staff, and allows the player to "commit" on NSD in front of friends, families, cameras, and journalists.

This. He waited this long...give him his day in the spotlight. I havent heard any buzz from his other visits about him silently committing so I take it this is legit and hes not playing games here.

FYI Ivins just put out a piece on him, but it's a bit of a fluff article. Jamarcus basically said him and his parents "loved" richt, the campus, the team, and the fact they lost 7 d linemen

He's "announcing" on NSD this wednesday.

FYI Ivins just put out a piece on him, but it's a bit of a fluff article. Jamarcus basically said him and his parents "loved" richt, the campus, the team, and the fact they lost 7 d linemen

"This visit was a lot like the other ones, but man I love being around the palm trees."

Cane lock.

EDIT: in case it’s not obvious enough, this is from the Ivins piece, quoting Chatman.

Advertisement

He also said something about the AH4 what was it???

He also said something about the AH4 what was it???

Nothing in the article mentioned the AH4

Advertisement
Back