Jamarcus Chatman will be on campus this weekend.............

He would be a huge piece to the defensive line and give us two quick off the ball interior lineman in him and Silvera. A fast interior line and DE's combined with a faster linebacking and secondary core will give us a top defense

Advertisement
So is this a case where the home team drops an offer on the 25th hour and poof he was gone just like that? Not much you can do with cases like this.

So is this a case where the home team drops an offer on the 25th hour and poof he was gone just like that? Not much you can do with cases like this.

Not really, uga staff seem to think he lacks the measurables for them. Y'all forget uga had 2 dline coaches who have decided not to offer him. First was terry rocker and now the new coach. To me the kid is an impactful dlineman and uga staff is dumb tbh. The kid has offers from everywhere but uga and bama I think. I'm talking about Miami, fsu, uf, lsu, USC and a host of others

Last edited:
Advertisement

Not really, uga staff seem to think he lacks the measurables for them. Y'all forget uga had 2 dline coaches who have decadent not to offer him. First was terry rocker and now the new coach. To me the kid is an impactful dlineman and uga staff is dumb tbh. The kid has offers from everywhere but uga and bama I think. I'm talking about Miami, fsu, uf, lsu, USC and a host of others

I think the new dl coach has recently started to recruit him somewhat.

I take it back from watching more film..he is a 3tech all the way...another Gerald WILLIS. Lets hope they still think he is to small at 6'2 265 for them at uga.

if uga offers he definately gone though

What am I missing? Is everyone saying this just bc he's from Georgia? Or is there material out there that indicates as much?

material...they have his "brother" committed already. An OLB/DE I would love for us to recruit.

True. I knew his teammate Adam Anderson was committed to UGA. I didn't know the "brothers" thing or that it was a dealmaker.

There was talk a while back about us getting Anderson down for a visit. Not sure if anything ever came of that. Would be great if we could get both the "brothers"

Advertisement
Kid looks like his measurables are fine. **** he has all year to grow yet. That's my only issue with the UGA no offer. It's not like the kid is 6'0" and 220. I like the tape that I was able to see. Kool knows his stuff and I hope we can bring him in. I just think personally if UGA comes in at any point and make him a priority it will be hard to get him. My opinion would be they have some higher on their board but have slow played him waiting. I'm guessing they may also feel that it won't matter if and when they offer. We will see.

Kid looks like his measurables are fine. **** he has all year to grow yet. That's my only issue with the UGA no offer. It's not like the kid is 6'0" and 220. I like the tape that I was able to see. Kool knows his stuff and I hope we can bring him in. I just think personally if UGA comes in at any point and make him a priority it will be hard to get him. My opinion would be they have some higher on their board but have slow played him waiting. I'm guessing they may also feel that it won't matter if and when they offer. We will see.

Thing is these 2018 and 2019 kids aren't tied in with uga like that. A lot of them especially the 2019 kids will be playing out of state

What am I missing? Is everyone saying this just bc he's from Georgia? Or is there material out there that indicates as much?

He has a teammate (Anderson - WDE) that is committed to UGA.
HS teammates always go to the same college when they get the chance. It's over.

Also because two guys are high school teammates, it also means they are automatically best friends and inseparable.

Advertisement

Also because two guys are high school teammates, it also means they are automatically best friends and inseparable.

So, I gave the reasoning people are saying it. That being said Anderson who has offers from everyone (Bama, OSU, Clemson and UGA) goes on most visits with Chatman. They have always been together at other football events, even when not participating. The both play DE on the same HS team and have played together since they were young. UGA is also a SEC school and that counts, especially in that area of GA. I think right now UGA is ruining their chance on Chatman, because Smart thinks he is Nick Saban. I have no doubt UGA offers at some point next season.

Advertisement

these two are though///i think they have been playing together since like the 6th grade. There was an article a month a so back about chatman liking the new interest and his legit older brother like the new attention he recently received from uga..becauase they believe they were being slow played. HE'S A KID I BELIEVE THY CAN OFFER THE DAY BEFORE SIGNING DAY AND GET.

these two are though///i think they have been playing together since like the 6th grade. There was an article a month a so back about chatman liking the new interest and his legit older brother like the new attention he recently received from uga..becauase they believe they were being slow played. HE'S A KID I BELIEVE THY CAN OFFER THE DAY BEFORE SIGNING DAY AND GET.

Middle school starts in 6th grade, so that is a given. I believe it goes back longer. Chatmans older brother has been coaching the grade school team Adam would have played on (unless he moved across town since he was younger). I assume Chatman's brother wouldn't have been coaching an opposing team of his own brother, but I could be wrong. You may be right about UGA, but Chatman's support system is smart and if they believe in Coach Kool then I like our chances. That area of GA isn't loyal to any one program. We need to get him on campus.

Here is a picture of Chatman, Anderson and Vick to show size. Vick is 6'0" 216.

chatand.jpg

Advertisement
Back