Jamal carter?

Here is the good news. Our 4* stud freshman safety can't get on the field, even with Deon recovery from surgery. That is the best report we can have. It means there are guys in front of him good enough to keep him off the field and good enough to teach him. In two years we might never see any freshmen on anything except ST and even then it might be after redshirt. Process, process, and some more process.

Advertisement
I know where the OP is coming from.. I was also hoping we hear and see Carter as much as we do with Coley.. but I came under the realization that Coley is just so **** good that you can't compare him to any freshman... ever.. anywhere.. in the world.. ever

It's harder on defense. If Coley makes a mistake on O, the error can go unnoticed by the fans. The worst thing is probably dropping a pass, and that can get lost in the 60+ plays on offense. If a safety blows an assignment, it can easily cost you a score. Just saying, defensive lapses are less forgiving. I'm sure Carter is doing just fine.

I don't think he ever plays a down of Safety for us. He is already 210 lbs. By next year he could be over 220 lbs

Because of his build. I always thought he would out grow safety and become a LB

Advertisement
Advertisement
I don't think he ever plays a down of Safety for us. He is already 210 lbs. By next year he could be over 220 lbs

i doubt it. dude looks like a DB all the way on his HS tape. though he is very large he seems to have the hips and change of direction to play DB

I think he overtakes Highsmith by the end of the year

i doubt it. dude looks like a DB all the way on his HS tape. though he is very large he seems to have the hips and change of direction to play DB

You might overtake Highsmith by the end of the year.

The though of Bush, Jenkins, and Carter at safety for the next two or three years is giving me a woodrow wilson.

Advertisement

You might overtake Highsmith by the end of the year.

:ibisroflmao:

Advertisement
I know where the OP is coming from.. I was also hoping we hear and see Carter as much as we do with Coley.. but I came under the realization that Coley is just so **** good that you can't compare him to any freshman... ever.. anywhere.. in the world.. ever

It's harder on defense. If Coley makes a mistake on O, the error can go unnoticed by the fans. The worst thing is probably dropping a pass, and that can get lost in the 60+ plays on offense. If a safety blows an assignment, it can easily cost you a score. Just saying, defensive lapses are less forgiving. I'm sure Carter is doing just fine.

i get you but when Coley dropped a pass vs FAU every Miami fan went "AAAAAA WTF!! AAAAA ITS OVER...ITS OVER!!! AAAA"

You have something against having a thumper at safety?
If he gets switched to linebacker you will see a ton of these threads until he becomes a junior or redshirt junior.
This isn't Pop Warner. Guys can't just switch up and excel immediately because they are great athletes.

I'm hoping he masters the safety position and becomes a 225lb beast as a junior.

Funny how everyone wants a prototypical 205-215lb safety, but when he actually gets there people instantly think he will be a LB. Jenkins started the season at 218 and Rodgers is around 215. If carter can maintain his speed and athleticism, he wont be moved to LB.

If this was last year Jamal Carter would be on the depth chart already.... just like Jermaine Grace.

The talent at those positions are further developed and better so the freshman have to do more to get on the field.... last year the DC had no choice to put in players who didnt know what they were doing but this year he has the luxury of not having to do that.

Chill he's going to be a playmaker at SAFETY not ****n Linebacker.

and in regards to the jersey number issue, I think he'll probably get the #6 back after this season is over..... maybe.

Advertisement
Back