jamal carter

Advertisement
Coaches keep him in so it's on them .

This.

Even when he was recruited I essentially saw an athletic LB not a safety.

Although, our DBs have never learned how to play the position after Paul Williams.

But Carter has no redeeming quality except hitting ability.

He's not exceptionally fast, not a good open field tackler, he doesn't play the ball and he has no instincts for the position or reading a defense.

Our coaches have to get our of the mindset of having hitting only safeties.

Coaches keep him in so it's on them .

This.

Even when he was recruited I essentially saw an athletic LB not a safety.

Although, our DBs have never learned how to play the position after Paul Williams.

But Carter has no redeeming quality except hitting ability.

He's not exceptionally fast, not a good open field tackler, he doesn't play the ball and he has no instincts for the position or reading a defense.

Our coaches have to get our of the mindset of having hitting only safeties.

Our safety depth behind Carter and Jenkins is thin. Outside of JJ we have Finley and I think Ced is red-shirting if I'm not mistaken (I could be wrong on the latter). I like the recruits we have now, but yeah our starting safeties haven't been world beaters.

Advertisement
I miss the Kacy Rodgers and Aj Highsmith days mayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Who dropped the INT in the end zone? Wasn't even a fight for the ball, he just straight couldn't hold onto an easy INT. Then the fumble on goal line that should have been 6 the other way, or at least kept ND from going ahead with the fg. That's a 14 point swing. As they say : big players make big plays. We don't have enough game changers. I think thats inarguable. Even our top wr, Stacy Coley makes bone head plays, and this is his senior season. Njoku and herndon can't be factors a lot of the time because we have to go max protect to help the OL. It's just craptacular.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back