Jamal Carter is one scary looking mf...

56.jpg

and the kid in blue looks even bigger.

Blue shirt is tyree brady

Advertisement
Actually the most positive posts of the offseason feature how hard these kids are grinding. Carter, Brady, Tucker, Figatron all going hard as mfs.

I hope so. These kids need to take matters into their own hands and becomes mean, nasty deliverers of pain because staff doesn't seem to have it in them. Dennis didn't either and team did not let it matter--they just kicked everyone's rear end anyway. These guys need to do the same. THE U has always been about the players -- not the coaches or institution. Be embarrassed by the fact that no Cane went in the 1st round and make sure that NEVER happens again -- coaches or not coaches. It is all about THE U -- not Al or Donna. Go get them this year kids. Be Canes not friggin little lions.

Actually the most positive posts of the offseason feature how hard these kids are grinding. Carter, Brady, Tucker, Figatron all going hard as mfs.

I hope so. These kids need to take matters into their own hands and becomes mean, nasty deliverers of pain because staff doesn't seem to have it in them. Dennis didn't either and team did not let it matter--they just kicked everyone's rear end anyway. These guys need to do the same. THE U has always been about the players -- not the coaches or institution. Be embarrassed by the fact that no Cane went in the 1st round and make sure that NEVER happens again -- coaches or not coaches. It is all about THE U -- not Al or Donna. Go get them this year kids. Be Canes not friggin little lions.

Yet you can't go two posts without mentioning one or the other.

Speaking of Golden he did indicate at the dinner how impressed he was with the work of last year's freshmen going and getting it on their own time.

Its only soft if the guys playing it are...... However, the point of a 'soft' zone is to be able to come up and smoke MFers coming across the middle. I have this gut feeling, based off spring footage, he likes to come up and actually hit people with bad intentions..... Just my .02

Remember when we had a whole defense that did that... ah the memories.

Advertisement
this board is turning into the warchant board circa 2002 when they where posting shirtless pics of Greg Jones every chance they could.

You are a pfeag **** for ever knowing, let alone talking, about anything that is going on at warchant.

Coaches have a limited amount of time with players, they can only directly work them so much. What Butch did so well is that he recruited the right players, not only talented, but hard workers and leaders and helped create an environment where everyone was pushing one another and they knew they had to work because others were. As much as you want to criticize Golden (in many cases rightfully so), that's what he's doing right now, bringing in the players that are going to put in work and become leaders. You're just giving credit to the coaches in Butch's case but the players in Golden's. Maybe he's not quite on Butch's level, but he's doing a much better job of getting that culture back than the last 2.

this guy was maybe my favorite recruit in 2013 BUT our defense is pure garbage and no one will look good in it. ironically the tards that say facetiously "the skeem is bad" are actually right and look like complete morons.

the scheme is HORRIBLE and the coaches running it are terrible and constantly abused by opposing OCs

Advertisement
this guy was maybe my favorite recruit in 2013 BUT our defense is pure garbage and no one will look good in it. ironically the tards that say facetiously "the skeem is bad" are actually right and look like complete morons.

the scheme is HORRIBLE and the coaches running it are terrible and constantly abused by opposing OCs
:fistbump:

Doesnt matter becuz the skeem is bad

Don't you think that all of those missed tackles and busted coverages committed by Highsmith and Rodgers would happen with Carter back there instead????

True. Nothing wrong with the scheme.
Problem was our DT's getting pushed back into our lb'ers who weren't athletic enough to shed the block of OUR DT and an offensive lineman.
Didn't help that AJ and Rodgers were always a step or two or three from making a tacke, or preventing a completion.

Team is completely different this year where it counts, and we finally have the athleticism needed to play our nfl defensive scheme.

Hmmmmm where have I heard that before?

Do you see us starting anybody as athletically limited as Renfro. Gaines, Cornelius, Rodgers or Highsmith?
Just using addition by subtraction, you can see the obvious.
Just look at our lb's this year versus last year. Fig, DP and Kirby are much better than Cornelius, Gaines and DP.
Last year we played with 1 linebacker, one traffic cone and a poor man's Buchanon.
Not so this year.

Our safeties last year were 2 guys who resembled cops in an intersection directing traffic.

And people wondered if our scheme was bad?
Name me any scheme that could succeed when 4-5 of your players did not have the ability to adequately play the position.
Not 4-5 backups, but 4-5 starters.

Well, we should dumb the scheme down, people say.

Dumb it down to what?
In what scheme could we have been successful, when your defense is ripped apart up the middle on all 3 levels?

Yes, this defense is not the same as last year.
Sure DT is still an unknown, but they don't have to be Maryland or Sapp. Not getting driven 10 yards back would be a 100% improvement.
What happens if our DT's just hold the point of attack and allow our athletic, big linebackers to attack?

Big things happen, that's what happens.
Couple that with guys like a healthy Bush, Carter, Jenkins and Dallas Crawford manning the third level, with Tracy, Burns and Gunter locking down receivers, and you have a, dare I say it, a **** good defense.

Time will tell, but I'm feeling, conservatively optimistic about this season.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Jenkins isn't getting that starting job back

dude is a bully. In the spring game was cracking people and letting them know bout it. Got dealt with one time by Tucker but still was trash talking lol.

The thing is Jenkins is crazy athletic with ball skills.

Jenkins isn't getting that starting job back

dude is a bully. In the spring game was cracking people and letting them know bout it. Got dealt with one time by Tucker but still was trash talking lol.

The thing is Jenkins is crazy athletic with ball skills.
I actually like Jenkins a lot, I just can't see them keeping Carter off the field. At least we will have 3-4 quality S this year, no more Highsmith and Rodgers.

nice to see guys like this and Dallas..ballers struggle to get on the field.....things are looking up

Advertisement
Back