Jamal Brunt to VCU

Advertisement
Didn't he come from VCU? Or was it University of Richmond? Anyway, appears he prefers Richmond Va to So Fla.

tbh this was probably encouraged. If any one of our assts was facing scrutiny from the FBI probe it was him. He was the lead on guys like Walker, Little, Quickley.

Advertisement
JB was in charge of the O.

I think we recruited better with JB but there was a drop off without Coach Konkol

Advertisement
Just to be clear, I don't think we did **** in this FBI debacle......but the optics of an old(er) coach like L adding a young hotshot recruiting maven to the staff that he had no prior official relationship with and one that has no previous connection to the program/university CAN be problematic. I know I personally immediately jumped to Brunt when these accusations came out. Here's to us never hearing his name again.

Advertisement
The UM "coach" named by the FBI was Larranaga, not Brunt. That is from Coach L himself! And, where does this "Brunt was an ace recruiter" ****e come from? Who exactly were his big "gets" at Richmond that screamed to Coach L "You gotta get this guy on staff right away?"

If this guy runs the offense then this is a good thing as long as we hire someone who knows how to run an offense. I know he was a great recruiter but the offense we ran wasn't going to consistently be efficient no matter how great our talent was.

Advertisement
Back