Jalen Royals-Utah State Wide Receiver

AtlAtty

Recruit
Maude
71 catches and 15 TD’s last season
6’0 195
Great speed. Clocked at 4.32 at Utah State
His dad is a close, close friend, We were just together last Tuesday at the UNC v Georgia Tech basketball game.
I coached Jalen in basketball in AAU from when he was 7 years old

He has drawn a great deal of NFL interest already
He has a nice NIL package at Utah State but its still Utah State

Thoughts on his abilities and whether it is someone UM should check out in the next transfer period?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Here’s his college reference page:

Best game:
7/185/3 TD’s @ UConn

Worst game:
3/27/0 at home vs Nevada

I’m looking for the full games on YouTube now to add to this post.

Edit:
UConn game -

Nevada game -

Advertisement
71 catches and 15 TD’s last season
6’0 195
Great speed. Clocked at 4.32 at Utah State
His dad is a close, close friend, We were just together last Tuesday at the UNC v Georgia Tech basketball game.
I coached Jalen in basketball in AAU from when he was 7 years old

He has drawn a great deal of NFL interest already
He has a nice NIL package at Utah State but its still Utah State

Thoughts on his abilities and whether it is someone UM should check out in the next transfer period?
Is he in the portal?

Advertisement
Advertisement

We need height actuallybut if he has that type of speed may need to shoot him an nil package.

Would he be willing to enter since he really only been a 1 year wonder?. @AtlAtty
I think so but he would need to know there is interest in advance of entering. He’s happy at Utah State but is also open to other options.

Versus UConn -
+ First catch comes at 7:44 of the second quarter. USU is getting pounded to this point of the game. It was a WR screen that gets blown up.
+ Second catch comes at 6:47 in the second quarter. It was an 8yd comeback on 3rd and long; only gained 8yds due to tight coverage.
+ Third catch comes at 13:11 in the third quarter. Shakes the press at the line and makes a one-handed catch for 32yd gain.
+ Fourth catch comes at 12:24 in the third quarter. Everyone is playing man, except his man who cuts him loose into the end zone for a 14yd TD catch.
+ Fifth catch comes at 4:04 of the third quarter. It’s a WR screen that is well blocked and this dude takes off down the sideline. Good acceleration to top speed. ~60yd reception.
+ Sixth catch comes with 12:42 in the fourth quarter. It looks like a double move, but he just runs right by the DB and is wide open down the middle of the field for another ~55yd TD.
+ Seventh catch comes comes with 9:34 in the 4th quarter. It’s an 10yd comeback route into zone coverage on 2nd and 10.

The DB’s in this game for UConn are bad, but the guy has a lot of physical skill (acceleration, balance, hands) that is missing on this roster. I’d rather have him on the roster than Kirk.

Advertisement
Back