Jalen Merrick

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
There is now talk that he has silently committed to 3 schools, including Miami. Welcome to recruiting season

Advertisement
Wow kid tryinnto lock up s spot at 3 different schools. ..smh.... get ready for tjis roller coaster ride

Advertisement
Advertisement
Are people really surprised? On other boards the talk has been that he's leaning to UF but watch out for FSU. When the various boards start listing different schools, I automatically think it's because the kid is telling each school the same stuff.

Lol. Just great.

when did you become a "staff" writer GeO? In any case, congrats and good ****! Nice pickup by CIS!

i didn't notice that either congrats Geo! you post some quality stuff on this site.

Thanks, and yeah just a few days ago I was invited on. Will be posting some soon. Also doing a complete overhaul on the recruiting section of the site as well in the next week to two weeks that will tie in with my prospect database sticked at the top of the recruiting board.

Advertisement
As for Merrick. I know everyone was asking about how his family is season ticket holders. Yes, but refer to Khairi Clark last cycle. That never guarantees a thing.

Refer to Dalvin Cooks sweater or Ermon Lanes beanie. It doesn't mean a thing.

As Pete has said in the past. "Recruiting is always fluid and changing."

'Crootin Season coming to town soon with the season almost over.

Last edited:
Lol. Just great.

when did you become a "staff" writer GeO? In any case, congrats and good ****! Nice pickup by CIS!

i didn't notice that either congrats Geo! you post some quality stuff on this site.

Thanks, and yeah just a few days ago I was invited on. Will be posting some soon. Also doing a complete overhaul on the recruiting section of the site as well in the next week to two weeks that will tie in with my prospect database sticked at the top of the recruiting board.

Keep up the good work Geo you have always kept me informed and its greatly appreciated.

I'd put money down that the 3 schools are UM, FSU and Wisconsin. With Muschamp being fired I doubt UF is one of the three. Also, he was blown away on his OV to Wisconsin and his cousin, D'Cota Dixon (also of New Smyrna Beach) is a freshman there. I read the 247 page for them because I'm born and raised there and I'm a big Badgers fan as well, just not anywhere close to the same passion I have for the Canes

Advertisement
Lol. Just great.

CIS should have some sort " Bat - commit signal" mechanism
that alerts us to when a new staff writer/moderator is promoted.
This pick up of GEO is instrumental to CIS. This cat has some serious insight!
Mountain of knowledge to tell u the truth!

As for Merrick. I know everyone was asking about how his family is season ticket holders. Yes, but refer to Khairi Clark last cycle. That never guarantees a thing.

Refer to Dalvin Cooks sweater or Ermon Lanes beanie. It doesn't mean a thing.

As Pete has said in the past. "Recruiting is always fluid and changing."

'Crootin Season coming to town soon with the season almost over.

Wearing clothing is nothing like your entire family being Cane fans. You just can't compare that to someone buying a $20-30 article of clothing. Wearing U gear means absolutely nothing. Having a family that loves Miami is extremely helpful in recruiting, but obviously nothing is guaranteed.

After UF got 4 OL commits before the summer was over the staff told Merrick he had to wait and commit which is the reason he pushed he commitment back.

After UF got 4 OL commits before the summer was over the staff told Merrick he had to wait and commit which is the reason he pushed he commitment back.

So basically reading this post, I get from it that he wants to be a Gator, but wasn't allowed to commit. Then he decided to secure a spot with Miami, until FSU decided to come calling and now it probably looks something like this.
1)Gators if they take him
2)FSU
3)Miami

Advertisement
Back