Jalen Lee 4* DT from LA is a Recruit UM needs to Revisit

Paranos

All-ACC
Jalen Lee 4* DT from Louisiana is a recruit UM needs to revisit. He was recently pushed out of LSU's simply to make room because they had 5 DT'S committed. He is versatile and agile dlinemen that can play SDE/DT and NT at 6'3" 295lbs. Coach Baker needs to recap those LA connections on this one. Coach Diaz is talking about upgrades in recruiting certain positions well Lee is a watered down version of 2020 DT Jalen Carter from Apopka, FL whom the Canes were desperate to land early on in recruiting. UF and Ole Miss are pushing to land Lee.

One glaring flaw in Lee's game is he plays a little high at times and needs to get his pad level down, which can be corrected with coaching. When Lee plays with his pads low the young man seems unblockable in the running game which is what UM needs in a hurry. He also has a huge wing span which allows him to press off OL's to shed blocks or collapse running lanes quickly.

Go Canes

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
We don’t have room for another DT, and it’s not a need. Thanks for the heads up though

Currently after Riggins and Smith leave the class:

Knighton
OL
OL
WR
DB
DB
DB
LB?

we have to take 2 more OL, have to take another WR with all the defections in that room, desperately need at least 2 more DBs id take 3. Then you don’t turn Greene or Flowe away.

Ford
Silvera
Miller
Holley
Blissett
Hunte
Roberts
Moise

that’s 8 DT, and in obvious pas rushing spots baker has basically taken out true DT and plays all DE’s.

Right now our WR room:

Thomas-most think he is moving on after this year
Harley
Wiggins
Pope
Peyton

xman
Worsham
Redding

go to carry more than 7 WRs.

CB room:

bandy-May flirt with draft
Ivey
Blades
Couch
Williams
Clark

Need to carry more than 5-6 CB’s.

hall
Carter
Bolden
Smith

we going to carry only 4 safeties?

no I think Harrell and Francois join the class and we need the numbers.

Last edited:
Im not understanding why we need a 4th wr??? We‘Re losing two/three and already gaining 3.

Advertisement
Currently after Riggins and Smith leave the class:

Knighton
OL
OL
WR
DB
DB
DB
LB?

we have to take 2 more OL, have to take another WR with all the defections in that room, desperately need at least 2 more DBs id take 3. Then you don’t turn Greene or Flowe away.

Ford
Silvera
Miller
Holley
Blissett
Hunte
Roberts
Moise

that’s 8 DT, and in obvious pas rushing spots baker has basically taken out true DT and plays all DE’s.

Right now our WR room:

Thomas-most think he is moving on after this year
Harley
Wiggins
Pope
Peyton

xman
Worsham
Redding

go to carry more than 7 WRs.

CB room:

bandy-May flirt with draft
Ivey
Blades
Couch
Williams
Clark

Need to carry more than 5-6 CB’s.

hall
Carter
Bolden
Smith

we going to carry only 4 safeties?

no I think Harrell and Francois join the class and we need the numbers.
Nice breakdown sir.

Advertisement
UF and Ole Miss are pushing to land Lee.

He's visiting UF the week before ESD and it was down to UF and LSU over the summer. Some say we have the inside track as we've stayed in contact with him but we'll see i suppose. I know we're after Clyde Pinder too and still feel in good spirits with Tim Smith

Roster balance clearly means nothing to Paranos.

200.gif

Go Canes

He's visiting UF the week before ESD and it was down to UF and LSU over the summer. Some say we have the inside track as we've stayed in contact with him but we'll see i suppose. I know we're after Clyde Pinder too and still feel in good spirits with Tim Smith
Pinder is good however I don’t think tim smith flips unless Bama pushes out

Advertisement
Jalen Lee 4* DT from Louisiana is a recruit UM needs to revisit. He was recently pushed out of LSU's simply to make room because they had 5 DT'S committed. He is versatile and agile dlinemen that can play SDE/DT and NT at 6'3" 295lbs. Coach Baker needs to recap those LA connections on this one. Coach Diaz is talking about upgrades in recruiting certain positions well Lee is a watered down version of 2020 DT Jalen Carter from Apopka, FL whom the Canes were desperate to land early on in recruiting. UF and Ole Miss are pushing to land Lee.

One glaring flaw in Lee's game is he plays a little high at times and needs to get his pad level down, which can be corrected with coaching. When Lee plays with his pads low the young man seems unblockable in the running game which is what UM needs in a hurry. He also has a huge wing span which allows him to press off OL's to shed blocks or collapse running lanes quickly.

Go Canes

Meh. No thanks.

Advertisement
Back