Jalen Hurts

Advertisement
Advertisement
Excited to not ever hear this dudes name again in a few months

This staff would have had him throwing for 175 yards per game and maybe a pinstripe bowl appearance (and loss) for him to cap off his college career. I don’t know how seriously he was considering Miami but if it was for real I bet he wakes up every morning thankful he didn’t come play for Enos.

Advertisement
Please. Absolute no-brainer that he was going to Oklahoma over Miami.

Aside from back-to-back Heisman quarterbacks—the Sooners program has been in better shape than the Hurricanes for two decades now.

A consistent BCS team, that never won another title after 2000—they're always in the hunt and a well-oiled machine under Bob Stoops, before Lincoln Riley was gifted the keys.

Would love to see what Riley looks like if he didn't take over a program that reloads every year, while the Hurricanes have been rebuilding with every coach since Butch Davis left.

Riley was 34 years old when he got the Sooners gig; an OC there for two years—prior to that, East Carolina's OC for three years and a Texas Tech position coach before that. Manny Diaz's resume was literally better than Riley's—but he took over a machine of a program and Diaz got ....well, modern day Miami.

Tony Elliott and Jeff Scott at Clemson ain't much better. The 40-year old Elliott was the Tigers' running backs coach for five years before given the co-OC title—a three-year wide receivers coach at Furman and two years at South Carolina State in the same gig before that—while Scott spent seven years as Clemson's wide receivers coach, one year at Presbyterian's wide receivers coach and one year at Blythewood High School, before the co-OC gig for the Tigers—which just landed him the South Florida head coaching gig with Charlie Strong getting the boot.

Funny how so many "great" coaches wound up falling upwards into great programs and gigs—despite weak-*** resumes, where time was ultimately everything.

But yeah, of course Hurts chose OU over Miami—the Sooners literally in the Playoffs the last two years—while the Hurricanes have won the garbage Coastal Division once in 16 tries.

This literally needed to be turned into a knock on garbage-*** Enos—as if OU's body of work doesn't speak for itself? Please.

Advertisement
You'd have to be a grade-A imbecile to turn down starting at OU for Riley vs coming here to link up with the Manure and Penos show.

Good for him making the right choice.
Yea he made the right choice. Did not like that we got Tate..I thought hurts was the gem not Tate.
Also we are transfer U now.....I bet we don't close on NSD and we will have to get jags that got kicked or outplayed at other schools. Sucks

Yea he made the right choice. Did not like that we got Tate..I thought hurts was the gem not Tate.
Also we are transfer U now.....I bet we don't close on NSD and we will have to get jags that got kicked or outplayed at other schools. Sucks
We’re all disappointed in the trajectory of the program since Butch’s teams departure. Do you ever think that MAYBE we’re closing on a good class and that it takes three or four of those in five years to build the depth to become what you envision for this brand? I understand you hate this staff. However, they are holding the 2020 class together and adding better pieces to it. Give credit where it’s due. The coaching has been atrocious, but they are absolutely out recruiting their win loss record.

We’re all disappointed in the trajectory of the program since Butch’s teams departure. Do you ever think that MAYBE we’re closing on a good class and that it takes three or four of those in five years to build the depth to become what you envision for this brand? I understand you hate this staff. However, they are holding the 2020 class together and adding better pieces to it. Give credit where it’s due. The coaching has been atrocious, but they are absolutely out recruiting their win loss record.

While good points, it means absolutely nothing at the end of the day if this staff comes in and does the same thing next season as they did this season as far as schemes are concerned. Bringing in more talent, to add to a talented roster, means nothing if the talent is unused or underutilized.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back