Jalen Hurts Highlights 2018

JMG

Sophomore
If we land this guy, I think it could change our program and set the tone for everyone down the line.

Watched his 2018 highlights and he makes some unbelievable throws. Check it out.

I take away:

He converts on 3rd down in high pressure moments.
He has great vision and sees the field well.
Criminally underrated as a passer.
Is good on the run.

He’s improved big time.

Advertisement
If we land this guy, I think it could change our program and set the tone for everyone down the line.

Watched his 2018 highlights and he makes some unbelievable throws. Check it out.

I take away:

Is good on the run.

He’s improved big time.

100% Agree, and I think he can Mentor both Williams and Perry to be successful here!

One of the biggest concerns is that Miami OL is nowhere near as good as Alabama. Hurts is not gonna have that type of clean pocket. So, Enos coming here and doing the Alabama scheme is probably not going to happen. If Enos is a competent guy he will know what are strengths and weaknesses are and run an offense of scheme that will tailor better for the canes. That being said, I still want him, bc I believe Enos will make him even better and he will bring a type of attitude and leadership the offense is lacking.

One of the biggest concerns is that Miami OL is nowhere near as good as Alabama. Hurts is not gonna have that type of clean pocket. So, Enos coming here and doing the Alabama scheme is probably not going to happen. If Enos is a competent guy he will know what are strengths and weaknesses are and run an offense of scheme that will tailor better for the canes. That being said, I still want him, bc I believe Enos will make him even better and he will bring a type of attitude and leadership the offense is lacking.

That's exactly why he brings added value as a guy who knows how to escape pressure and get some chunk yardage on the ground

But I was told by many on this board that Hurts struggles to complete forward passes.

BRING 👏🏼 HIM 👏🏼 TO 👏🏼 US

Advertisement
Advertisement

I take away:

Is good on the run.

He’s improved big time.

He’s not “criminally underrated as a passer”.

Dude does not make quick reads.

His best ability is his physical tools and improvisation.

I take away:

Is good on the run.

He’s improved big time.

Any game tape of him riding the pine?

Advertisement
I

I take away:

Is good on the run.

He’s improved big time.

I'm not sure he was criminally underrated...He just improved greatly working with Enos this year. Every bit of criticism he received as a thrower his first two years was warranted. Does that mean he wasn't a great leader, a great runner, or with no redshirt and just turning 20 this fall, didn't have a right to improve? Of course not. And that's what happened.

He looked so **** comfortable in there vs. UGA

Advertisement
Look, Rosier was doo doo for us. And yes I do believe that Hurts is a better player and qb than Rosier. But come on, do yall actually believe he is 1000x better? The knock on dude is his passing ability? What was our issue last year? Do you think he is going to come in and just drop dimes for us? Dude also had better weapons and was benched because of his passing ability. I hardly believes it makes us that much better.

He’s not “criminally underrated as a passer”.

Dude does not make quick reads.

His best ability is his physical tools and improvisation.
He does hold the ball a little too long. You can get away with that behind Bama's online. If he can speed up his roads he will be very effective for us.

Advertisement
Back