Jalen Hurts After Benching

Advertisement
Allowed Washington to win, so that the Giants would not make the playoffs because well... Iggles and Giants rivalry. It makes sense on a lot of levels, but what would have happened if Nate Sudfeld led Philly to a TD? This would be a moot arguement.

7-20 for 72 yards and 1 interception has nothing to do with it.

I am sure.

Miami fans maybe do not understand that is not very good. Been a long time for us.

Advertisement
7-20 for 72 yards and 1 interception has nothing to do with it.

I am sure.

Miami fans maybe do not understand that is not very good. Been a long time for us.
You forgot the part where he scored the only TDs the Eagles had in the game...and that the backup they put in, was even worse than he was in the passing game and turned the ball over which led to Washington winning the game.

The Eagles stink and Doug Pederson deserves to get fired.

Advertisement
You forgot the part where he scored the only TDs the Eagles had in the game...and that the backup they put in, was even worse than he was in the passing game and turned the ball over which led to Washington winning the game.

The Eagles stink and Howie Roseman deserves to get fired.
FIFY.

Pederson's schemes are very sound for what he has. Wentz can't read a defense, execute deep drop footwork or throw an accurate deep ball so Pederson runs nothing but 1/3 step quick game throws. Defenses aren't stupid so they caught on and took away what's already a low-ceiling scheme. Plus the Eagles lack playmakers with all the WR busts they drafted and Sanders who's a very flawed back.

Hurts opened things up a bit cause he can throw a defined deep shot and keep drives alive with his legs. But there's only so much you can do with a QB who processes that slowly and holds the ball for an eternity. You can run easy post-dig concepts where the dig is wide *** open and Hurts will still wait til the last second to throw.

Fix the OL, get some new WRs, get a new QB or just run gimmicky stuff with Hurts in the short term. It's gonna take a while to get it right but Pederson is a good coach.

I liked Hurts coming out a college. I thought some OC figure out a way to use him, like the Saints use Tasom Hill. As a rookie starter though, his tendencies and limitations are going to be exposed once there is enough film of him. And, Philadelphia is a mess.

Last edited:
FIFY.

Pederson's schemes are very sound for what he has. Wentz can't read a defense, execute deep drop footwork or throw an accurate deep ball so Pederson runs nothing but 1/3 step quick game throws. Defenses aren't stupid so they caught on and took away what's already a low-ceiling scheme. Plus the Eagles lack playmakers with all the WR busts they drafted and Sanders who's a very flawed back.

Hurts opened things up a bit cause he can throw a defined deep shot and keep drives alive with his legs. But there's only so much you can do with a QB who processes that slowly and holds the ball for an eternity. You can run easy post-dig concepts where the dig is wide *** open and Hurts will still wait til the last second to throw.

Fix the OL, get some new WRs, get a new QB or just run gimmicky stuff with Hurts in the short term. It's gonna take a while to get it right but Pederson is a good coach.
He should see the door, too.

I'm not saying Pederson isn't a good coach, but this season was a fireable offense only topped off by this game.

Kept the Giants out of the playoffs. They also went from having the 9th pick in the draft to 6th.
I am a Giants fan. The giants weren't going to win a playoff game regardless. I am more ****ed they didn't lose to Dallas to have a top 7 pick rather than drop to 11th.

Advertisement

I'm not saying Pederson isn't a good coach, but this season was a fireable offense only topped off by this game.
Yeah it's the body of work vs 1 season argument. There are definitely issues like Wentz's mechanics regression tied to the absence of a QB coach on the staff, the decline post-Reich, Jim Schwartz's vanilla defense and absence of player development on D. Major changes should be made and 2021 has to be a make or break it year.

I am a Giants fan. The giants weren't going to win a playoff game regardless. I am more ****ed they didn't lose to Dallas to have a top 7 pick rather than drop to 11th.
I hate it too. My whole family was bashing me for wanting to lose the last game to WFT in 2019 for draft position. And sure enough, they have what looks like a generational talent in Chase Young while we're stuck with the project Andrew Thomas. I'm just waiting for the Cowboys to draft Phillips because he seems like the type of player they'd draft all day. Meanwhile, we'll probably draft the worst of the top 3 WRs or Rousseau.

Advertisement
I hate it too. My whole family was bashing me for wanting to lose the last game to WFT in 2019 for draft position. And sure enough, they have what looks like a generational talent in Chase Young while we're stuck with the project Andrew Thomas. I'm just waiting for the Cowboys to draft Phillips because he seems like the type of player they'd draft all day. Meanwhile, we'll probably draft the worst of the top 3 WRs or Rousseau.

whats wrong with GR15? mad he opted out?

Pederson is a terrible coach and Carson Wentz’s decline is it’s proof. Watch Carson go to Indy and Frank Reich. He would turn his career in no time. Heck, Reich even took some years off Rivers’s game this year.

whats wrong with GR15? mad he opted out?
No, he had every right to. But he is a raw prospect that because of the lost year is going to take some development to get up to speed. We already have Andrew Thomas, we don't need to take more unfinished products with all the potential in the world at a high draft position. We need polished products that are going to make a difference now.

Advertisement
Back