Jalar Holley working hard..

LoL, this board is comical, the dude training em is not a d-line coach, he's just teaching em explosion and get off drills along with footwork, the main thing is this guys worj ethic is already there for a big guy, he has th i s guy basically doing receiver and runningback drills. He'll definitely be a dawg out their, you can tell this guy is about being successful.
That dude is DE Marcus Howard, former 5th rounder from UGA, and current CFL player.

Advertisement
Very quick for his size and I didn’t expect that. Blissett is crazy athletic and played RB is HS. Harrison Hunte is playing basketball and dunks in live games. Those 3 could be an elite (although underrated) haul at DT. Holley is probably 6’2 280-285 right now, Blissett around 6’3 285, and Hunte at 6’4 285 (heard he was around 270 for basketball). That’s a Miami interior DL class right there piggybacking on Nesta and Miller. How it should be done from here on out.

Advertisement
Seems like a focused guy. When I saw him at Paradise, he was first in line for every rep and teaching session. Good sign for a DT.

he needs some s&c. im interested to see how he plays once his body transforms

Advertisement
DT depth should be nice the next two seasons with the guys we’ve brought in.

IMG_2695.GIF

Winning is not rocket science , it's who wants it more just that's simple.

"train like no other so you can be like no other" it's that easy.

GOCANES

He's more compact, short for a DT but it's great to see he has the work ethic to match his high motor. I can see him being a gem after a couple years of Simpsons tutelage. And we're off to a good start on 2020 DT class with moise and riggins on board already.

Not really too short. Most of our greats were 6’1 to 6’4”. He’s listed at 6’2”. For me that is just right. He has long arms to block passes but short enough to get low in short yardage where getting low in the middle matters. Put 20 pounds on him and he fits the classic Miami DT look. A Miami defense does not have its DTs staying at the LOS, they are suppose to get in the backfield and create havoc.

Advertisement
He's more compact, short for a DT but it's great to see he has the work ethic to match his high motor. I can see him being a gem after a couple years of Simpsons tutelage. And we're off to a good start on 2020 DT class with moise and riggins on board already.
I dont Really like for dts to be 6’4 plus, the shorter ones usually play with better leverage and believe it or not tend to be harder to block

I dont Really like for dts to be 6’4 plus, the shorter ones usually play with better leverage and believe it or not tend to be harder to block

True Brock , firing out low like bulldozer then looking ball, it's a leverage thing always is , allowing OL to get into your gut......your DONE.

GREAT POINT.

GOCANES

Advertisement
We've all seen cases where hard work overcomes some shortcomings. Also seen cases where the shortcomings were too much of an obstacle to overcome no matter how hard one worked. This young man seems to have the tools to work with and is willing to work hard to perfect his craft.

Yep first thing I noticed was how high he was.

Yep. Shows 98% of the technical flaws you'll find in pretty much any high school DT …. that can be coached and corrected.

But he also shows a combination of quickness, bend, motor, focus, and agility that you find in maybe 2% of all HS DT's. THAT is stuff you can't teach, and what Dline coaches will kill for.

Kid has the goods to be a real player.

Well spoken kid for an 18-year old. Most kids his age cannot put together a coherent thought. Hardworking, intelligent, I think Simpson knows exactly what we got with this kid from Buford, GA.

That school year end and out produces these kind of kids, excellent coaching in all skills. Simpson will be all over Buford for the 6-7 D-1 prospects they put out each year.

Taller usually = longer arms.

That's why height is coveted.
It's assumed that (at some point) all DT's will play with adequate leverage...cause it's being coached-up every day.
You can't "coach-up" long arms.

Advertisement
Back