Jakhari Gore

Advertisement
Advertisement
Why dont these kids understand that Alabama and LSU want big backs with speed to tote that rock...

Did he ever have a committable offer from us? I think Shammin wanted him to commit right away and when he didnt he said no thanks to him after that.

Advertisement
Interdasting. I'm usually never for taking kids like this, but he's family & local. He's also coming from a top SEC school that's killing it in recruiting. Do you take the chance in the hopes it works out big and you can use it going forward when competing against LSU for a recruit? While at the same time giving "family" a second chance?

Did he ever have a committable offer from us? I think Shammin wanted him to commit right away and when he didnt he said no thanks to him after that.

Pretty sure you got it backwards. Gore wanted to commit right away and corch and said no thanks.

i went to high school with jakhari, hes a good kid, if we give him the chance hes here. i remeber i saw him right around this same time last year at dadeland (he was all decked out in LSU gear) and he was HUGE. he told me he had banged up his leg or ankle or something thats why he hadnt played much, but he expected to have a big season this past year. havent talked to him since, that said id take him

Advertisement

Pretty sure you got it backwards. Gore wanted to commit right away and corch and said no thanks.

I remember reading an interview where he stated he wanted to enjoy the recruiting process and Shannon wanted him to commit right away, but he didnt and we moved on... If he does come what position will he play? wideout or cornerback?

i wish we would have gotten him then and it would be awesome if he came here now.

i went to high school with jakhari, hes a good kid, if we give him the chance hes here. i remeber i saw him right around this same time last year at dadeland (he was all decked out in LSU gear) and he was HUGE. he told me he had banged up his leg or ankle or something thats why he hadnt played much, but he expected to have a big season this past year. havent talked to him since, that said id take him

I just saw him at the Columbus/Miramar playoff game and he is not huge. Matter of fact I was shocked at how tiny he still was. He was wearing a cut off shirt and he looked like he weighed about 175 at most. Couple people around me said the same thing. Honestly I'd rather not take him. There's some good RBs coming out next year and I'd rather save the ship.

Advertisement

I just saw him at the Columbus/Miramar playoff game and he is not huge. Matter of fact I was shocked at how tiny he still was. He was wearing a cut off shirt and he looked like he weighed about 175 at most. Couple people around me said the same thing. Honestly I'd rather not take him. There's some good RBs coming out next year and I'd rather save the ship.

****, thanks for that update. again i havnt seen him in a year, so i was just basing my thought off the last time i saw him. thats a shame if he is that small

So what's the real story on why he didn't come here? Or, at least what happened with his recruiting? I can't remember which of the above mentioned situations is actually what happened.

He was a stud in HS, no? Gotta love the family legacies. Would he lose a year of eligibility or is that different because of the release?

I remember reading an interview where he stated he wanted to enjoy the recruiting process and Shannon wanted him to commit right away, but he didnt and we moved on... If he does come what position will he play? wideout or cornerback?

I don't remember any articles like that. I do remember at least one in the members forum on scout where Gore said he called the coaches to commit and was slow played. Honestly, everything I remember reading or seeing was all about Gore wanting to commit and corch not really having interest.

The old staff didn't like him enough to give him a scholarship, that's the entire story as far as I know.

Advertisement
Back