Jakhari Gore

The kid was playing games... After Mike James committed it was a done deal on running backs....

Advertisement
I remember watching Gore in the LSU spring game.

Gore didn't look huge but he didn't look tiny either. He looked like he weighed about 205, and it looked like it was muscle.

Gore ran the ball pretty well he looked like he would be a contributor this season.

My opinion is that he would make a contribution to our team should he choose to come to UM and Golden is willing to take him. The bad part is that he would have to sit out a year and we need kids that can come in NOW and begin to make a difference.

I dont know if Golden will take him... With the exception of Duke it seems like this staff prefers big backs... Unless he comes in as a wideout or corner, I dont see the staff taking him...

Not a surprise at all....I, along with many others, said he was completely overrated coming out of CCHS. Kid simply doesn't possess exceptional quickness or change of direction...which is a must when you're a back that small. Add to that his lack of vision between the tackles and I shocked LSU took his LOC in the first place.

Gore didn't look huge but he didn't look tiny either. He looked like he weighed about 205, and it looked like it was muscle.

Gore ran the ball pretty well he looked like he would be a contributor this season.

My opinion is that he would make a contribution to our team should he choose to come to UM and Golden is willing to take him. The bad part is that he would have to sit out a year and we need kids that can come in NOW and begin to make a difference.

I'm telling you I stood 5 feet from him and he couldn't have been more than 175 lbs. He was tiny. I just checked the Rivals LSU site also and sure enough they have him at 175.
http://lsu.rivals.com/cdepthtext.asp

IMO there is a reason he couldn't cut it at LSU. I'd pass on this kid and roll with James, Clements and Duke next year. Sign another RB next year and then after that we get Sony.

Advertisement
He never had a UM offer, he is nowhere near 200 lbs, and I was a little surprised L$U ever offered him. He is quick but not fast. 165 lbs and a 4.6 with good quickness you can get by on in high school.

I'm telling you I stood 5 feet from him and he couldn't have been more than 175 lbs. He was tiny. I just checked the Rivals LSU site also and sure enough they have him at 175.
http://lsu.rivals.com/cdepthtext.asp

IMO there is a reason he couldn't cut it at LSU. I'd pass on this kid and roll with James, Clements and Duke next year. Sign another RB next year and then after that we get Sony.

Al,

If you say he weighs 175 because you saw him in person I believe you.

I'm just saying on TV (which adds 10 pounds probably) he looked bigger than 175. Of course this was last spring also.

This kid didn't run like a typical scat back/small back either. He ran pretty hard between the tackles and ran the ball pretty tough.

Advertisement
Dont forget, if he goes from LSU to Miami he would immediately lose 25 pounds of muscle.

Advertisement
Back