Jake Rudock Transferring from Iowa

Advertisement
LOL I remember this kid telling Gorlden to **** off in facor of ***king IOWA

Advertisement
He seems scared to throw it deep, he's pretty accurate usually but it seems like he only wants to throw 10 yard passes or less.

When they put in their backup, he seemed to come in and let it fly and they performed better.

IIRC the U did not recruit him at all until Al became HC. He tried to recruit him late but Rudock already committed to Iowa.

Last edited:
Advertisement
He seems scared to throw it deep, he's pretty accurate usually but it seems like he only wants to throw 10 yard passes or less.

When they put in their backup, he seemed to come in and let it fly and they performed better.

Heard the Dolphins are interested

I'd be OK with bringing him in, but I think a lot of it would depend upon the development of Rosier. If they feel comfortable with him for a long stretch IF Kaaya went down, then I'd focus more on keeping Jack Allison for 2016 and Todd Centeio for 2017 than bring in another upperclassman.

If they're not that comfortable with Rosier running the show, then I say bring him in. He's started at another Power 5-level school, and could be serviceable enough to do decently in Kaaya's absence.

He'd only be a one-year rental anyway as a Senior Graduate Transfer. He'd be eligible immediately. Can't say I blame him for looking hard at Michigan, though...the chance to play for Harbaugh and a legit shot at winning the starting job for a year in a pro-style offense. At Miami, he'd simply be a Plan B in case of injury to Kaaya.

Advertisement
Yeah he's leaving a starting gig at Iowa to come here to be the backup for his final year of eligibility. Makes perfect sense.

Yeah he's leaving a starting gig at Iowa to come here to be the backup for his final year of eligibility. Makes perfect sense.
He lost his job to CJ Beathard. So, he'd be leaving a backup gig at Iowa for a backup gig close to where he's from IF he came to Miami for his final year.

So, yeah...makes decent sense.

I think he'll end up at Michigan if he truly thinks he can win a starting job there. Either that, or if there's a lower level school that needs a starter and he can step right in...he may do that. If neither of those plans work...then maybe we become an option.

Advertisement
He lost his job to CJ Beathard. So, he'd be leaving a backup gig at Iowa for a backup gig close to where he's from IF he came to Miami for his final year.

So, yeah...makes decent sense.

I think he'll end up at Michigan if he truly thinks he can win a starting job there. Either that, or if there's a lower level school that needs a starter and he can step right in...he may do that. If neither of those plans work...then maybe we become an option.

He and Beathard have been swapping spots for a couple years now. There's no way this dude will consciously choose to go somewhere where he knows he's going to be the backup for his final season.

It's not that we need him, it's just that any time ANY player wants to talk to UM, Golden gets so excited, he automatically offers.

IIRC the U did not recruit him at all until All became HC. He tried to recruit him late but Rudock already committed to Iowa.

exactly. we had to go after him late because the teddy b. decomittment left us with no qb's in that class.

Exactly right

And, he was an STA kid when Smith was still in head coach and frowned seriously on kids switching committments.

Dude can ball, don't know what in the **** happened to make him transfer tho. I watched a few of his games and he was pretty decent.

Advertisement
Back