Jake Heaps Recruiting Story

Advertisement
You know when he was here I didn't think he was bad. Just not not really developed, and now reading his whole story it's clear why. I wish the best for that guy.

Good read. What also got my attention was the side panel showing the top 5 QB prospects that year: Heaps, Sims, Paul Jones, Bell, and Gardner.

Heaps - 3 schools, never kept a starting job.
Sims - don't think he was ever a regular starter.
Paul Jones - not sure, never remember hearing about him at PSU or later.
Bell - didn't even stay at QB for OU.
Gardner - electric but maybe not really a QB.

Just reminds us of two things. First, this (recruiting, ranking, and all that goes with it) is not a science. Second, there is a lot of backstory those of us running our mouths never know about. That should cause us to think twice before anointing or bashing a kid.

Advertisement
You know when he was here I didn't think he was bad. Just not not really developed, and now reading his whole story it's clear why. I wish the best for that guy.

I agree and IMO, I'll always believe he should've been the starter for the UofL game.

I have never understood the handling of the position under Golden. Even going back to Harris, Morris got very little game time as his backup in Golden's first year. Prior to Jacory's concussion, Morris basically didn't see the field.

Where things get really fishy is when Morris would struggle or have a game well in hand as a starter, we hardly ever put Williams or anyon else in. When Morris was hobbling around on one leg out there, nobody would've faulted Golden for using Williams and that was painful to watch. To me, it just said we are going with what we know and don't care to try anything else.

When BK would struggle, same thing....why not let two guys (Heaps early on and Williams when he was cleared to play again) who've been around the block and have four / five years at this level give it a shot?

Senior night, neither hit the field. The bowl game, same thing. Talk about a slap in the face and the sad part, we weren't winning either of those games.

Any how, I hope he makes it. That's an interesting story that one could ask a lot of questions about as it seemingly has a lot of loose ends in it.

Wait, you mean an F'ed up Mormon, with parents all hypocritical and such? NO WAY!

Color me shocked.

I came here to post something similar. Dude was behind the curve parent/religion wise from the get go.

Butch Davis would have never signed him.

Advertisement
I dont mind when kids transfer after the coach leaves, but when they leave bc they get beat on the field - too me, they are Quitters

Sorry to be harsh

Advertisement
Kaaya was the better player. I'm ok with that one. Heaps seemed like an engaged and awesome teammate and we were very lucky to have him. I bet he was a really good resource for Kaaya, on and off the field.

Advertisement
Back