Jake Garcia on King & Ragone

Advertisement
I see a lot of maturity in Jake Garcia. Beyond his years. The kid's had quite a journey to this point. Goes to one high school, it closes down, goes to another HS, covid shuts it down. Goes to Valdosta high in Georgia, ruled ineligible due to a bunch of GA high school politics, then goes to another high school in Georgia in week two of the season, wins the starting job and takes the team to a state title while being recorded for a reality TV show kinda thing.

I rarely listen to interviews from athletes but this one was an enjoyable listen. Thanks for posting it.

Advertisement
With the constant shifting of environments in high school, I thought JG was well positioned to be a freshman AA.

Lucky to have him.

I see a lot of maturity in Jake Garcia. Beyond his years. The kid's had quite a journey to this point. Goes to one high school, it closes down, goes to another HS, covid shuts it down. Goes to Valdosta high in Georgia, ruled ineligible due to a bunch of GA high school politics, then goes to another high school in Georgia in week two of the season, wins the starting job and takes the team to a state title while being recorded for a reality TV show kinda thing.

I rarely listen to interviews from athletes but this one was an enjoyable listen. Thanks for posting it.
The interviews lately have been solid in general. Seems like some **** good people at the U right now

If TVD doesnt turn pro after this season Garcia is going to have to transfer.
only way TVD doesn’t turn pro after this season is of he suffers an injury. So Jake will either get his shot this year due to injury or next year.
Every single NFL team knows about TVD. By mid-season you will start seeing him on draft boards for the 1st round.

Advertisement
only way TVD doesn’t turn pro after this season is of he suffers an injury. So Jake will either get his shot this year due to injury or next year.
Every single NFL team knows about TVD. By mid-season you will start seeing him on draft boards for the 1st round.
I agree TVD definitely look like a high first round draft choice barring injury.

Assuming TVD takes his game to the next level, he looks the part of a 2023 1st rounder.

Jake then starts 2023-2024. Wins NC in 2024. Calling it now! :)

TVD is solid. but I honestly feel like our fans overrate him. He did well under Lashlee which was elite passing concepts. Gattis seems to run a more pro style offense which is alot different from what we saw last year. I think TVD is good. But he doesn't look like a sure fire 1st round QB. The gap between Garcia and TVD is minimal at best

Advertisement
TVD is solid. but I honestly feel like our fans overrate him. He did well under Lashlee which was elite passing concepts. Gattis seems to run a more pro style offense which is alot different from what we saw last year. I think TVD is good. But he doesn't look like a sure fire 1st round QB. The gap between Garcia and TVD is minimal at best
Excuse Me Reaction GIF by One Chicago

Advertisement
Back