Jakai Moore- OG/DT, 6-6 280- 2019

Tit-e-skr

Banned
Banned
What do you guys think about this big, athletic dude? He wears jersey 55.

If you go on this link, start with the video that says, "Junior Season". It's the video below the "Sweet Ginger Snaps" photo. I think the subsequent videos after the "Junior Season" one are from this year also.

From my understanding, he was more focused on basketball until this season as a junior.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/6115051/jakai-moore

Advertisement
Somebody get this kids film to the staff.

VT, Penn St, Ohio ST, and soon Clemson, have all offered now. Along with various other schools.

He's a Miami fan. This kid will be an AA at the next level.

Advertisement
m.doherty@miami.edu

Kid might have to camp. Thanks for the info.

Why the need to camp?

Coaches already have a board for 2019 kids. For him to get on it, he needs to get their attention. If he can camp, great. If not, his family and or coaches should contact Matt Doherty or send him film.

This kid wasn't on a single board to start the season. Hasn't camped anywhere. But he manges to get the attention of some big time schools none the less. Not one school ever spoke to him before his JR year. But Miami needs him to camp to get their attention? At a huge position of need historically at Miami. That's poor recruiting.

Kids nowadays know about social media and so do High school coaches so blame his coaches if he’s a fan and they haven’t Sent his film yet. Don’t think our coaches troll other program’s offers. The offense of tackle from West Virginia sent a tweet to one of our coaches. If the kid really is a fan he can find a way to let to let the coaches know he’s interested

m.doherty@miami.edu

Why the need to camp?

Coaches already have a board for 2019 kids. For him to get on it, he needs to get their attention. If he can camp, great. If not, his family and or coaches should contact Matt Doherty or send him film.

This kid wasn't on a single board to start the season. Hasn't camped anywhere. But he manges to get the attention of some big time schools none the less. Not one school ever spoke to him before his JR year. But Miami needs him to camp to get their attention? At a huge position of need historically at Miami. That's poor recruiting.

No reason to get mad. I could see this being poor recruiting if this was a S FL kid but he isn't. Relax.

It's very early in the 2019 cycle and the coaches can't drive 30 min to see him.

Sometimes, the kid, his family, and his coaches need to be proactive in getting schools to look at him.

m.doherty@miami.edu

Why the need to camp?

No reason to get mad. I could see this being poor recruiting if this was a S FL kid but he isn't. Relax.

It's very early in the 2019 cycle and the coaches can't drive 30 min to see him.

Sometimes, the kid, his family, and his coaches need to be proactive in getting schools to look at him.

My bad didn’t mean to sound like I was upset just pointing some stuff out.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Staff knows about him already.

[video=youtube_share;KCjvEeuGhVc]https://youtu.be/KCjvEeuGhVc[/video]

Last edited:
No camp needed.

Good luck big fella.

Congrats on the offer. He WILL be the best OL Miami recruits for 2019.

Advertisement
OP, when is he committing to Miami?

I will admit that I have known about this kid since the beginning of July. It was just a matter of time before the recruiters starting showing up in a big way.

I originally shot this post out as a "see how you guys felt" about him. My own eval blew me away as far as what he was, and is, capable of going forward. The school he came from after his sophomore year wasn't a good fit for somebody with his ability as a football player.

I shot off emails to various people concerning Jakai in hopes it landed on the desk of the right person. Maybe it did.

I just would hate to see him end up at an ACC school, especially one in the Coastal.

To answer your question, my guess is that his head is spinning with the amount schools coming to see him. When I see him again I will see what he is thinking. Although, it probably doesn't really matter at this point in time.

Advertisement
Back