Jaishawn Barham

CaneGng13

Freshman
Top 60ish player nationally out of the DMV area that plays at powerhouse St.Frances Academy. Would fill a big need at LB and is already physically impressive at 6’3 230, don’t get why Miami hasn’t kicked the tires on him more when his top schools are South Carolina, Penn State and Maryland with Carolina winning the crystal ball battle.

Also keep in mind that Miami has more of a path into the DMV area with new recruiting intern Cam Spence who goes by Coach Bear, a young DL trainer in that area that has ties to a lot of the talent in the DMV.

I think LB we’ve gone long enough without having freakish LB talent since Manny has been here and we have the goods to land some elite talent so why not go after it.

Link to Barham’s film. No need to try and sell fans on this kid when his tape is loud enough

Advertisement
Solid tape. Don’t know why we wouldn’t be on him. He is everywhere he needs to be. Reads the field and the blocks very well. Accelerates in the hole at point of contact. Don’t like the jumping to knock down passes as a pump fake could put him out of position but he was effective in making the incompletion. I hope that our staff has at least seen this kid if we haven’t offered.

Often times kids with great rankings but average offers are either grade or behavior casualties.

I'm not saying that's the case here but I'm saying it's the case here.. probably. Kidding. Just speculating.

Crazy that it doesn't even look like we offered. Very curious as to why we aren't interested. Seems like a pretty winnable battle based on the top schools.

Advertisement
Not bad. Especially for Sophomore film. Definitely worth a tire kicking.

Certainly looks the part. Would be nice to have some serious talent at the LB spot. Lord knows we need it…badly.

Advertisement
He diagnose and strikes! No wasted movement. High football IQ for a yungin and it wouldn't surprise me if he's a film junky.

like this kid and would like an in at THAT school
I live in Maryland know nothing about that school. Of course, I don't know much about high schools in Baltimore, other than I guess Dunbar and a few others well known for basketball. I remember when we tried to recruit kids from Maryland for football and were generally unsuccessful. One big name that comes to mind was Richie Anderson who went to Penn State. Art Kehoe was area recruiter and he told me how much he wanted Anderson. What's the name of the tall WR who transferred to Georgia? Not many over the years. Diego London came from Riverdale Baptist. My impression is that the DMV has a lot of talent, but we haven't been able to take advantage.

Advertisement
Top 60ish player nationally out of the DMV area that plays at powerhouse St.Frances Academy. Would fill a big need at LB and is already physically impressive at 6’3 230, don’t get why Miami hasn’t kicked the tires on him more when his top schools are South Carolina, Penn State and Maryland with Carolina winning the crystal ball battle.

Also keep in mind that Miami has more of a path into the DMV area with new recruiting intern Cam Spence who goes by Coach Bear, a young DL trainer in that area that has ties to a lot of the talent in the DMV.

I think LB we’ve gone long enough without having freakish LB talent since Manny has been here and we have the goods to land some elite talent so why not go after it.

Link to Barham’s film. No need to try and sell fans on this kid when his tape is loud enough

Did not know about Cam Spence. Former Maryland DL who ended his career for medical reasons. I'm sorry I don't have a subscription to the Athletic but here's an article about his work with DLs. Maybe somebody has a subscription and can summarize the article for us.

Here's more from SI:

I live in Maryland know nothing about that school. Of course, I don't know much about high schools in Baltimore, other than I guess Dunbar and a few others well known for basketball. I remember when we tried to recruit kids from Maryland for football and were generally unsuccessful. One big name that comes to mind was Richie Anderson who went to Penn State. Art Kehoe was area recruiter and he told me how much he wanted Anderson. What's the name of the tall WR who transferred to Georgia? Not many over the years. Diego London came from Riverdale Baptist. My impression is that the DMV has a lot of talent, but we haven't been able to take advantage.
Cager

That's right. I'm an old guy and sometimes memory doesn't work as well with names. An expert once told me that the first thing to go with memory as you age tends to be names.

We got a couple of LBs to commit, one from DeMatha in Hyattsville, MD and that other guy, Figueroa(?) from outlying No. VA area. Neither worked out.

Just sparse returns on our recruiting efforts here over the years.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back