Confirmed Jahmile Addae

Except he didn't accept the UF job until Mario said no. Weird. Almost as if he would've went to whoever offered him more.

This is also not true, and the timeline proves it. Mario never said "no". Raymond accepted the Gaytor job and was finalizing his contract when Mario was first able to return his call.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Okay. And what I am saying --' and you're more than free to disagree -- is he would have left after accepting the UM gig if an SEC school came calling afterward.

Yeah, we can agree to disagree. Raymond had no reason to rush his decision. My point is that he would've flat out chose -whoever- over Miami, as he reached out to many schools, and many schools (SEC and outside the SEC) reached out to him. He wasn't in a position like McClendon where he accepted a job before the school he really wanted had the opening.

Read above. If he did hit up UF too, he's going to the highest bidder. Not choosing one and then flipping to the other after accepting.

This is also not true. Mario Cristobal was hired December 6th. Raymond was hired by the Gaytors on December 8th. Raymond did not, repeat NOT, conduct a "highest bidder" process, and there were plenty of suiters. It is beyond obvious, he took a job with an SEC team staffed by numerous guys from Louisiana so that he will have the chance to exact revenge on LSU.

If this was all about money, there is no doubt that Alabama and UGa could pay more than the Gaytors. Raymond jumped quickly and decisively to join Gaypier and the Gaytors. Raymond is one of the best DB coaches in the country, there was no need to take a job immediately after leaving LSU, he would have had far more suitors than just UiF and Miami if he had waited even one week.

Just stop with these "Mario said no" and "Raymond really preferred Miami" myths. They are just not true or supported by any evidence whatsoever, except for this crazy fantasy about Miami being the preferred destination of every assistant coaching candidate ever, plus the unrealistic assumption that money drives every single decision ever.

This is also not true. Mario Cristobal was hired December 6th. Raymond was hired by the Gaytors on December 8th. Raymond did not, repeat NOT, conduct a "highest bidder" process, and there were plenty of suiters. It is beyond obvious, he took a job with an SEC team staffed by numerous guys from Louisiana so that he will have the chance to exact revenge on LSU.

If this was all about money, there is no doubt that Alabama and UGa could pay more than the Gaytors. Raymond jumped quickly and decisively to join Gaypier and the Gaytors. Raymond is one of the best DB coaches in the country, there was no need to take a job immediately after leaving LSU, he would have had far more suitors than just UiF and Miami if he had waited even one week.

Just stop with these "Mario said no" and "Raymond really preferred Miami" myths. They are just not true or supported by any evidence whatsoever, except for this crazy fantasy about Miami being the preferred destination of every assistant coaching candidate ever, plus the unrealistic assumption that money drives every single decision ever.
Never did I say Raymond preferred Miami. But to insinuate that he never tried to get the job despite UF already being on the table is false. My sole argument is that there was 0 scenario where Raymond is employed by Miami and jumps ship to another school "cuz he's an SEC guy". Raymond didn't have an opportunity to gauge a bid process because Mario planned to stick with T-Rob, therefore there was no job opening and no conversation further. So again, when Raymond contacted Miami, the UF job was already open. There was NO reason or ounce of sense, if allowed to, going through the interview process with Miami AND UF + others, accepting Miami job, then jumping ship anyways.

Advertisement
Never did I say Raymond preferred Miami. But to insinuate that he never tried to get the job despite UF already being on the table is false. My sole argument is that there was 0 scenario where Raymond is employed by Miami and jumps ship to another school "cuz he's an SEC guy". Raymond didn't have an opportunity to gauge a bid process because Mario planned to stick with T-Rob, therefore there was no job opening and no conversation further. So again, when Raymond contacted Miami, the UF job was already open. There was NO reason or ounce of sense, if allowed to, going through the interview process with Miami AND UF + others, accepting Miami job, then jumping ship anyways.
I usually don’t interject myself into ****ing contests, but when I see one, I always ask myself “Why does it matter”? Fact of the matter is Raymond is a gayturd. How he got there is of no consequence to Miami and the ONLY person that really knows what happened is Mario.

This thread lately...
Judge Judy Reaction GIF by Agent M Loves Gifs

Advertisement
Addae has special teams experience too...I'm thinking safeties and special teams...Keep DVD as CB coach

DVD does major work on the trail and if he's paired with a veteran he will be fine. I think we really need to keep him as CB coach.

True but remember we have room for 10 coaches. If MC wanted to, he could have only one guy double up - might make sense to have that someone to double up with STs. Two guys will need to coach CBs, safeties and STs. Every other position can/will probably have one coach.

Advertisement
He reportedly signed a 2 year deal seems short is that unusual? I recognize he wants to be a DC so is his deal set up in a way so he forces Miami to promote him if they want to keep him or to allow him to go for DC jobs in 2 years. Looking for some thoughts from the locked in folks.
2 year deal is the norm. You won’t see an assistant deal over 3 years and very rarely see 1 year deals.

Advertisement
Back