Confirmed Jahmile Addae

Mario did circle back around to Raymond. I have no idea of those details. We have Addae and I am extremely happy with the staff so far. I have been football depressed for about 15 years. Each staff disgusted me more than the one before. Well, Richt himself, not as much, though I didn't believe in his staff. I literally took crap down and stored it the night Manny was hired. Manny's 1st season, I was having visions of SMU. Embarrassed! I was giving up on hope for the program. I haven't been this excited about football in say 18 years. Now let's deliver on all this positivity.
When that report came about the administration committing $30 million more annually to the football program I immediately began telling people 'this is the best news I've heard as a Canes' fan since the last national championship'. Before the coaching change, AD, and the rest.

I think as soon as this staff is complete we'll start hearing more on programs/facilities upgrades as the next wave.

I like your 18 year time-line. Been a long time since it's been this exciting.

Advertisement
I like TRob

I like this guy better

Upgrades everywhere

I know, the new guy is always better, but he doesn't have the pedigree that TRob has.

Still, what I like about the hire is that he can legitimately say that he left the defending national champs for what he believes is going to be the next top program in the land. That should pay dividends in recruiting.

Advertisement
Yea that sucked but waiting for hires I wasn't even rushing it I was really never going into the thread I would be 100 pages behind. Patience about the hires I was over it cause it took long but I was sure he was going to hire a staff full of monster recruiters with of and DC x and O guys. The recipe for titles. Does optics look good for UGA right now? No we are laughing at their denial cause they got poached. Getting poached for laterals never are a good look. Michigan going through that as well and they should.
I was a little frustrated as well, because of the time frame, however, I knew we had money, There was really nothing to worry about the whole time. Money always talks. Always has...and always will.

As far as the getting poached for laterals thing...I honestly think that this guy, knows exactly what he is doing, and he wasn't going to reach his goal at UGA. I mean it was a brick, but not where he is going to reach the pinnacle.

Two year deal...we currently have Steele...he has been a top recruiter in every market he has been in and has now proven he can be a top national recruiter...he is going to be a DC, very soon. Hopefully here, at some point.

He has future HC written all over him.

He reportedly signed a 2 year deal seems short is that unusual? I recognize he wants to be a DC so is his deal set up in a way so he forces Miami to promote him if they want to keep him or to allow him to go for DC jobs in 2 years. Looking for some thoughts from the locked in folks.

He reportedly signed a 2 year deal seems short is that unusual? I recognize he wants to be a DC so is his deal set up in a way so he forces Miami to promote him if they want to keep him or to allow him to go for DC jobs in 2 years. Looking for some thoughts from the locked in folks.

Where are you seeing that? We don't typically k ow what most assistants deals are. They're a highly rumored thing around here.

Advertisement

heard that as well. Typically assts. are year to year from what I recall. The good ones though may demand a little more security.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I read what you wrote. If he preferred UF he would've contacted them and not Miami lol
How do we know he didn't reach out to UF too ? You think Marios the only coach he hit up ?

All I'm saying is, he loves the SEC just like Robinson. Just like MClendon.

How do we know he didn't reach out to UF too ? You think Marios the only coach he hit up ?

All I'm saying is, he loves the SEC just like Robinson. Just like MClendon.
Read above. If he did hit up UF too, he's going to the highest bidder. Not choosing one and then flipping to the other after accepting.

Told ya’ll; losing T-Rob & BMac were body shots, not knock out blows. We ain’t dealing w/ Temple Golden, Retired Richt, or Lispy Diaz anymore. We’re not dealing w/ a ticket collector as an AD anymore. We’re not dealing w/ a pizza eating BOT member whose influence from cronyism eroded this program.

Folks, we’re dealing w/ a HC who was built by this U, took his lumps at one of the worst ran G5 programs as a HC, received hands on training by arguably the greatest CFB HC ever, at a school that’s become the standard of infrastructure. Then took that training & went to another program who became the standard for facilities, marketing to get recruits to consider them, & built them into a Pac-12 power. We have an AD who made GT football an ACC force, who went to Clemson, doubled their value w/ fund raising, endorsement deals, while collecting some Nat’l titles, & reimagining their facilities.

We have boosters fully committed, a President who finally allowed the lights to come on….dare say friends, we seem to have some alignment going on from top to bottom, a real plan in play vs. throwing chit against the wall & hoping it stick.
Well said, Rell. Maybe it will start to sink in with some of these fans.

Read above. If he did hit up UF too, he's going to the highest bidder. Not choosing one and then flipping to the other after accepting.
Okay. And what I am saying --' and you're more than free to disagree -- is he would have left after accepting the UM gig if an SEC school came calling afterward.

Advertisement
Back