Confirmed Jahmile Addae

Advertisement
This is the post of the year so far. I've been following boards like this since the old grassy days. I don't post much but I keep informed by just reading. There has been a consistent pattern with all these boards over the years. Someone with some passion and knowledge starts a board and serious fans follow. Eventually the clowns come in destroy legitimate threads, flood the board with garbage posts, negativity and personal attacks. Then the serious fans and insiders leave and start a new board and it starts all over again. What I can't understand is why the clowns aren't banned to protect the integrity of the board. They're easy to spot, everyone knows who they are and yet they continue to post garbage and attack legitimate posters. I'm not a mod and don't want to judge but the integrity of the board should be primary and these jerks should be banned no questions asked.

I'm not a Mod or Maude, and I know they work hard for zero pay.

I would simply say that there is an eternal and ongoing debate between "wanting as many people to read/use the boards as possible" and "jacka$$es make the boards miserable and drive people away".

I'd be willing to bet that the Mods/Maudes would have to censor fewer offensive WORDS if they simply banned more offensive PORSTERS. Just a hunch.

We can do better in terms of a pure technician coach there’s lots of guys better than Addae.

But his recruiting acumen is what makes him a Homerun & Mario always places the premium on recruiting first.

Also, I played & coached CB too, so that’s kinda my speciality as well.
seems like a step up technician wise from t Rob though, correct?

Advertisement
If you don’t look like you belong on the field with Alabama when you get off the bus, then you don’t belong on the field with Alabama.

Mario knows this. Recruiting, recruiting, recruiting. That’s all that matters. Recruit well enough and the rest will take care of itself.

This is a solid hire.

Obviously it wasn't the first choice for this staff...probably not the second either, but you're getting the DB Coach from the national championship winning team...its good optics and he's a pretty decent overall coach, too. Good recruiter, decent coach of the position. Its not bad.

Advertisement
Agreed. DVD would kill it. People were mentioning that DVD isn't "respected" by our players is BS. The guy is young and a players coach. DVD is a true Cane that bleeds orange and green through and through. His love for the U will drive him to be the best coach he can be. Give the man a shot.

How isn’t he respected by players?

Hi, village idiot here. I'm too stupid to speak for others, but for myself, I'll say all those guys were once up and coming and some teams got very lucky given them a shot. I'll also mention that there are many, many more guys who got the call and failed miserably. This is like when people say we don't need 5* players, we can just find all the hidden gem 3* kids and we'll be fine.

Nothing against Ken or anybody else, but I would prefer that these guys prove it somewhere else, then come to Miami.
Sure, every fan has a preference, but I am in the camp that we should defer to the head coach building his staff. Johnson brought Butch with him, who coached tight ends and wide receivers at Oklahoma State. He coached defensive line at Miami before going to Dallas with Jimmy. Arguably our best defensive coordinator, Sonny Lubick, was an offensive coordinator at Colorado State then an assistant at Stanford. Tuberville got promoted when Lubick left. Tommy never coordinated anything. Dennis brought in Rich Olson who was successful at Miami. When Larry brought him back in 2006, he was a flaming disaster.

The problem with most of the village idiots (I am not lumping you into this group) on their coordinator preferences was it was incessant and hysterical, and most were predicting imminent failure. For many, it is their nature. And it continues with the Gattis and Steele hires who are both experienced, but they are spouting Nostradamus-like predictions about pending failure because of Steele's time at Clemson 11 years ago or Gattis' 2020 season with Joe Milton as his QB.

Last edited:
We can do better in terms of a pure technician coach there’s a number of guys better than Addae.

But his recruiting acumen is what makes him a Homerun & Mario always places the premium on recruiting first.

This is a really good point. I'd rather have a really good, if not elite recruiter as opposed to strictly a technician (essentially Mike Rumph). Your defense is naturally going to have more higher upside with a strong recruiter in that spot.

I hate wet willies. Maybe god hates wet willies. What if all satan ever did was give god a wet willie and that’s how all this **** started??

Gabriel: Mike, is dad still ****ed about the Lucifer thing?

Michael: Yea, don't bring up in front him

Gabriel: But it's been 37 Eons. Lu hit me about coming to dinner. I was just wond....

Michael: Gab! Leave it alone man. You know dad be tripping sometimes. You know how he get when he mad about Lu

Gabriel: Yeah...you right. I always thought the Noah thing was extreme. 40 days?!

Last edited:
Advertisement
Summon Season 4 GIF by The Simpsons
Pause bro

Advertisement
We can do better in terms of a pure technician coach there’s a number of guys better than Addae.

Obviously respect your opinion. So, who or what coaches best fit the bill from a technical coaching as well as recruiting aspect?

@Liberty City El @Tee3000 thanks in advance. Keep doing what you do here. Lunch time and CIS is my mental therapy.

This is a really good point. I'd rather have a really good, if not elite recruiter as opposed to strictly a technician (essentially Mike Rumph). Your defense is naturally going to have more higher upside with a strong recruiter in that spot.

I mean the guy is not that bad, honestly. He has worked with some really good DBs at each of his stops. I guess the biggest knock is that has hasnt stayed anywhere long enough to really see how these guys develop.

Advertisement
Back